Spoilers Inside: I intend to upgrade my TVS? Which one is better?

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I have a 32 inch PANASONIC VIERA HD READY LCD TV ,and a 26 INCH SONY BRAVIA HDTV which i also use as my monitor.

Now i want to buy at least a 40 inch TV and have checked the net , for these three types (SONY BRAVIA with Engine 3 is way too much,but with Engine 2 the price is fine) SAMSUNG LED TV, and the cheaper of them LG HDTV 1080P which are these new entries which i see in every shop in my town.

Does the LG sucks since every shop has an abundance quantity of them and only a few of the other 2 ?

Is it worth 900 USD this LG ?

Or Samsung LED TV for 1000 USD is better ?

Or Sony Bravia with Engine 2 for 1050 USD is better ?

Many thanks in advance.

JoshM22

I would go with Sony HDTV with Engine 2 technology. Sounds like it is more affordable. This whole Engine 2 and Engine 3 is new to me. Sony and Samsung make the best HDTVs. I have a Toshiba 26 inch. I use for TV,Blu-Ray,DVD up-converting, and gaming. It looks fabulous.

Zach

If you have so much money to always be buying this shit, please mail your old stuff to me. I'd love a nice HDTV for my room and to use as a computer monitor.

JoshM22

If you have so much money to always be buying this shit, please mail your old stuff to me. I'd love a nice HDTV for my room and to use as a computer monitor.

Wouldn't we all like free HDTV's in the mail. I would like a cheap 40 inch HDTV set. Great for next gen gaming.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Lol Zach (i would have mailed u my SONY but my cousin got it) , anyway i bought a 32 FULLHD LG with 50000:1 contrast , 1920x1080p , 24 p true cinema, and i must say PS3 looks way too beautiful on this TV althought i bought it with very little confidence ,but the price got me in only 680 USD with 3 year warranty.

Last edited:

Zach

That's pretty nice although still a little steep for a 32" I think. As long as you're happy though.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Definitely happy, hooked up my HD satelite at HDMI 3, my PC at HDMI 2, and my Playstation 3 at HDMI 1 , i occupied all of them :)