Game Problem: Help with Tekken Tag Tekken Tag

Stevi G

Help with Tekken Tag

Yestarday i downloaded Tekken Tag for MAME..............
Bt the problem is that when i start the game with MAME 132 it works but it runs rather slow. :(

When i emulate the game usng mame 32 fx it does nt work. :(

Can anybody plz tell me y my tekken works slow on on my pc????
And hw i can make run faster???

Thanks in advance :D

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Same as the answer to your other 2 questions. Your PC is way under powered for modern emulators and later versions of Mame.

Either get a newer faster PC or use versions of Mame lower than 0.106 (at this point they did some major rewrites that sent the system spec through the roof).

In any version of Mame your current PC won't run modern titles like Tekken TAG with a playable framerate.

Stevi G

Well i ran the game on my cousin's laprtop and it still ran slow......
His laptops specs are:

Proccer 2.80 GHz
RAM 512
Graphic Card 512 mb

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
With just half a meg of Ram it will do. 3D games in Mame currently require decent dual core processors and at least 2Gb of Ram. If you aren't running a decent, modern PC you won't get playable frame rates.

Last edited:

Stevi G

But when i ran Tekken Tag on my cousins laptop on a PS2 emulator i worked as though it was running on xbox 360.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
You're not running a PS2 emulator on your cousins laptop, you're running Mame on your PC and for the reasons already detailed that's why its not working.

There is no magic solution, the emulators work the way they work and without better hardware you're not going to get a satisfactory result...end of.

Stevi G

i am running a PS2 emulator on my cousins laptop.........

Bt ur rite i'm nt going to gt satisfactory results

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
But when i ran Tekken Tag on my cousins laptop on a PS2 emulator i worked as though it was running on xbox 360.

What does this have to do with mame??? If you are under the impression you can measure the ability to emulate a mame game by the ability to emulate a ps2 game, you need to seriously read up.

Yes they are the same games, but the emulation techniques are way different. Ps2 emulators use a lot of hardware acceleration and mame is specific to accurate emulation. The mame team clearly states time and time again, we dont aim to give you speed, we aim to emulate it accurately. There is no acceleration in mame at all. Projects such as Zinc do this.. but takken tag is not among the working. Even if you have a mame emulator on a ps2 emulator running takken tag at full speed you can be guaranteed it will do that on a computer. Apples to oranges my friend, Apples to oranges...

A 4 gig dual core may get you playable speeds with takken tage, if it runs.. But at that, dual core is not "really" support in mame. It is just beginning.

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Not to Mention Tekken Tag Tournament isn't fully emulated in mame yet anyway. (although you can get a stable framerate with a balls-out system).

Stevi G

What does this have to do with mame??? If you are under the impression you can measure the ability to emulate a mame game by the ability to emulate a ps2 game, you need to seriously read up.

Yes they are the same games, but the emulation techniques are way different. Ps2 emulators use a lot of hardware acceleration and mame is specific to accurate emulation. The mame team clearly states time and time again, we dont aim to give you speed, we aim to emulate it accurately. There is no acceleration in mame at all. Projects such as Zinc do this.. but takken tag is not among the working. Even if you have a mame emulator on a ps2 emulator running takken tag at full speed you can be guaranteed it will do that on a computer. Apples to oranges my friend, Apples to oranges...

A 4 gig dual core may get you playable speeds with takken tage, if it runs.. But at that, dual core is not "really" support in mame. It is just beginning.

i meant that when i ran the game on ps2 emulator on my cousin's laptop it ran g8

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
The two things are completely unrelated. The PS2 version is not the arcade version, the PS2 emulator isn't mame and your cousins laptop isn't your PC.

Its a bit like asking why a 1.1 litre family hatchback won't do 0-60 in 4 seconds like your mates Lamborghini Murcialago - they are completely different things and no amount of tuning will make one perform like the other.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Why wont 85 D batteries run my radio, it works on 120 volts out of the wall?

I know what you meant, and thought I answered it. Perhaps I should have more a bit more monosyllabic. They are not the same, not even close, you can not compare them.

An over clocked 333 mhz 66 FSB to 550 100 mhz celeron will run zelda64 on ulatraHLE at full speeds. Yet it can not play tekken 3 on mame. Why, be cause ultraHLE is using hardware acceleration to get the 3d to move so fast where mame is trying to do it with the cpu power alone. Now if you double the power of the CPU tekken 3 begins to be playable. So something in your case. Like FT said. With very bad ass computer you may get up to a playable speed. But you will need the best CPU you can get, and dual quad or what ever is not going to help you much. Its the core speed that matters with mame.

Last edited:

Hassan Ghaffar

But I have a Dell Laptop with Spec are Core 2 Due 2.1Ghz, 2 GB of Ram, 320 GB of Hard Drive, and 783 MB VGA card.... But Tekken Tag also not running Smoothly ..... :confused:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I think that sometimes its not the power of the machine, but the coding of the program. Maybe it just isn't capable of running fullspeed.