Reinstalling my Operating System

Paul

Can anyone tell me all the steps to reinstalling my Operating System so I can use emulators that I'm having trouble using and play games on them? I've been trying to play Gamecube, Playstation and Playstation 2 but I've been told that they're not working because of my Operating system. So if someone can tell me all the steps with numbers next to each of them in the right order that I have to do them in without causing me to lose everything I've got on my computer like my files for instance I would deeply appreciate it, that way I can play games on emulators I couldn't play before. Thank You.

Last edited:

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Just boot your computer from your OS CD. It should have an option you can choose to reinstall the OS.

Although, reinstalling your OS is not often necessary. Where were you told your OS is at fault? It sure wasn't here. I've so far only seen you asking about Dolphin here and you still haven't provided me/us with things like what your computer specs are, which version of Dolphin you're using.

And GC and PS2 are still newborn in terms of how well they are emulated compared to systems like NES/Genesis or even Playstation. I highly doubt there is something that wrong with your OS taht you can't even get Playstation 1 emulation working.

Paul

If booting my computer from my OS CD is the only way to reinstall my operating system in order to do what I said I couldn't do before then do I have to put a CD into my computer? The reason I'm asking that is because I don't have a computer CD with me. Now if you want to know where I was told to reinstall my Operating System, it was on another forum called Nitroroms forums. Anyway please tell me if I need to put a CD into a CD holder in order to reinstall my Operating System. If I need to I hope you can come up with something else that will allow me to play games on the emulators I mentioned because like I said I don't have a Computer CD with me.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Yes you need a OS Cd to reinstall. If you don't have one with you maybe you can find it online, download and then burn it (just don't ask for it here). If it's Windows you still need your registration key, though.

But still, you have not provided us with enough details about your problems. I asked for it once again in the post above. Computer specs and what version of Dolphin you're trying to setup.

Without it I cannot help you!!!
And I doubt noone else will be able to either.

Zach

If Nitroroms told you to reinstall your OS, then THEY need to tell you how to do it.. It seems like you have unresolved previous posts here where people were trying to help you, so I would take a gander at their advice first and then reinstall your OS if necesarry.. Cause if it saves you an OS reinstall, then you can go rub it in their faces.. I've never heard of an OS install just fixing an emulator problem unless the system was severely screwed up in more ways than one.

Reinstalling your OS is not something you do every day, obviously, and is usually a last resort "blanket" solution that is not guaranteed to even work.. Emulators are constantly under development and have all kinds of bugs, as well as bugs in the plugins people make for them, etc.. The only thing your system could contribute to a problem that needs fixing, is outdated Video, Sound, DirectX, etc drivers.

I don't think anyone here is gonna let you reinstall without trying other sane methods first.

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
If booting my computer from my OS CD is the only way to reinstall my operating system in order to do what I said I couldn't do before then do I have to put a CD into my computer? The reason I'm asking that is because I don't have a computer CD with me. Now if you want to know where I was told to reinstall my Operating System, it was on another forum called Nitroroms forums. Anyway please tell me if I need to put a CD into a CD holder in order to reinstall my Operating System. If I need to I hope you can come up with something else that will allow me to play games on the emulators I mentioned because like I said I don't have a Computer CD with me.

If you have support issues with emulators you need to post in the relevant board for that emulator.

You need to include your PC specs (Processor, Ram, Graphics Card and OS).

you need to include which emulator you are using and if relevant which plugins, bios files, games and what format the games are in.

You also need to describe what you've done so far, where you've put everything and what if any error message you're getting.

At that point people may be able to help you solve your problem.

Saying 'It won't work' won't get your question answered as no-one can possibly see what the problem is.

Re-installing your OS will reset your PC to the way it was before you installed anything onto it. There is no other way to re-install your OS other than using the manufacturers OS CD.
You can use the settings and transfer wizard to make a copy of your common settings and profiles and you can save any emails, but you will need to re-install/redownload any programs and applications that you've got on it.