View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Antiriad, the very first Metroidvania [1986, C64 / CPC / ZX Spectrum] - PixelTHING#61

This game was released in October of 1986. Two months earlier, in August, Metroid was made available in Japan for the Famicom Disk System. In September, and also for the Famicom Disk System, Akumajou Dracula – aka Castlevania – was, as well, released in Japan. So, unknowingly, The Sacred Armor of Antiriad gave birth to the metroidvania subgenre.
    Let's take a look!

Antiriad, the very first Metroidvania [1986, C64 / CPC / ZX Spectrum] - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#61

Updated August 14th, 2015 at 11:14 by PixelTHING

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A few Favorite Games on a few Different Systems - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#60

While cleaning and reorganizing things on my renewed room, I was hugely struck by nostalgia when I was going through my collection. So many memories flashed right away through my mind, and I just sat and played some of my personal favorite video games on the systems that I have plugged in and ready to play.
    Enjoy!

A few Favorite Games on a few Different Systems - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#60
  3. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [1992, MegaDrive/Genesis] Review - PixelTHING#59

I’ve just discovered the 1992 MegaDrive/Genesis port of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, the action game, and I was positively impressed by this upgrade from the 1989 original home computer versions that I’ve played so much back then!
    So, are you ready for some platforming action?...

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [1992, MegaDrive/Genesis] Review - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#59

Updated July 26th, 2015 at 11:44 by PixelTHING

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Game Over Controversy [1987, ZX Spectrum / MSX / CPC / C64 / DOS]

Game Over is an amazing action run and gun platformer that was a target of a huge controversy around its cover art by Luis Royo.
    Let's take a look at this amazing story that helped selling lots of copies and placed Game Over as one of the most famous Spanish video games ever made.

The Game Over Controversy [1987, ZX Spectrum / MSX / CPC / C64 / DOS] - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#58
  5. Video Game Pickups #5 - 22 Games + Awesome Retro Stuff - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#57

Let's take a look at my new T-Shirt & the 22 video games, and other gaming related stuff, that I've added to my collection over the last three months! There's stuff for the PC, original XBOX, XBOX 360, PlayStation 2, Amiga, ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64 and the Amstrad CPC!
    Enjoy!

Video Game Pickups #5 - 22 Games + Awesome Retro Stuff - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#57
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast