Problem with naruto portable on psp 1.5

VVinged

i open the file using 7-zip and there are 3 files psp x and narutonp (pls don't ask)
in psp>games> 2 files so i put those 2 files in the game folder on my memory stick then i put x and narutonp in the root of memory stick (not in any folders)
i start the game press o to extract it and it says file extract error if i press x my psp freezes and shutsdown wat am i doing wrong? (if theres no answer just give me an .iso file of it and the version of the devhook needed)

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
I think wht youve downloaded it a modified version of naruto.

Back when there was only homebrew available on firmware 1.5 (And 1.00) the only way to run games that required later firmwares such as 2.00 was to "fix" them. This involved modifing the game and adding extra files that arent available on a PSP with firmware 1.5 so that game could run.

Basically the begining of firmware emulation on the PSP

Your best option is to downloaded the game again in ISO (Or .CSO or .DAX which are compressed ISO images) format. Then either upgrade your psp to Dark_AleX's custom firmware (3.40OE is the latest) or emulate a firmware with DevHook (I think .52 is the latest) and mount the ISO with that.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Youll have to find the games yourself (Google it or search through a torrent site etc)

All the instructions youll need and links to the files you need to download are available here

VVinged

i got download except its in.cso which is a compressed iso right? only problem is idk how to run it...-_-

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Yeh .cso is a compressed ISO. You will need to install DevHook first (or upgrade to a custom firmware), then create a folder in the root of the memory stick called ISO then paste your cso file into that. If youve upgrade to a custom firmware then you can launch the game by going to GAME>MEMORY STICK on the PSP XMB.

X:/ISO/Naruto.CSO

VVinged

will .22 devhook wo0rk and wats with the X:/iso/naruto.cso and do i hav to emulate it first

Last edited:

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Get Devhook 0.52.0100 as it can emulate firmware 3.11.

.22 can only emulate older firmwares

Then copy your game into the ISO folder on your member stick (If it isnt there then create it)

Your memory stick shouuld look like this-
X:/iso/naruto.cso (X is just your memory stick drive letter)

Then you will have to launch a program from the XMB called DevHook. This will "reset" your PSP into launch the firmware from your memory stick (Emulating it). You can then launch the image (naruto.cso) from the memory stick by going to GAME on the PSP XMB (Cross-Media-Bar)

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
XMB (Cross-Media-Bar) is what you see when you turn the PSP on.
7361699_48bb5e033c.jpg

^^^Cross-Media-Bar^^^

You wont need any UMD emulators all youll need is DevHook. DevHook has UMD emulation built into it.

VVinged

i tried it with one game with devhook .22 it worked fine at first then somthing went wrong so i'm just gonna keep the emu... and will the .52 devhook emulate me to a fake 2.71 or will it stay at 1.5

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
With .52 you can emulate firmware 3.11 which will allow you run 99.9999% of all games out so far.

I think support for older firmwares was removed so im not sure if you can emulate 2.71 with devhook .52, but if you go back and download an older version you can.

Zach

You should get whatever version makes you happy, and you feel the most comfortable with. Do some research for yourself to find out what you like.. That's the only way you are going to learn and understand things, instead of having people tell you each and every little step.

VVinged

for devhook .52 how do i get the DATA.PSAR? nvm got the devhook to work but the game has an error... wat do i do? and also is it safe to use the internet broswer with the devhook? YAY GOT IT TO WORK THANK U GUYS BUT DOES USING THE INTERNET BROSWER PERMENANTLY UPDATE U TO 3.03 FIRMWARE?

Last edited:

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
You wont permanantly have 3.03 if you use the internet browser. Your PSP only appears to be 3.03, After a hard reset (EG completely power off/pull battery out) you will go back to your original firmware.

Using Devhook is 99.99999999999999999999% safe, As with all homebrew there is always an extremely small (I mean really small) chance your PSP could become unusable.

I havent used devhook since around version .43 (Ive been using DA's Custom Firmware instead :)) but there might be a small bug where wireless doesnt work if you set your PSP CPU to run at 333mhz. Youll have to do you own research to find out any fixes.

VVinged

search torrent engines... and tchu baca can u give me download and tut on how to use Dark_Alex's Custom firmware 3.40? and can it run .cso files? and how do i run .iso files or .cso files to play them and where do i put them? and finally is custom firmware safe or will it turn my psp into 3.40 or sony Firmwarre permently so i can't play homebrew games

Last edited: