Questions on recent emulators

Nemes

Hello all

I am fairly new to the emulator scen but not new to gaming, I am a constant presance on XBC and game all the time :) as all good gamjers do hehe

My main question will probably one that people ask in here all the time, so I am sorry if it is :)

My main question really is this,
[and I will use the gamecube emulatoprs as the example emulator]
is it possible to actually play gamecube games on my pc via these emulators?? and a joypad, is that what these emulators are for? so people can play console games on their pc's via using these emulators?

And if this is true, how do they get the games onto their pc's? is it a case of ripping the dvd games onto the pc in some format then running them in the emulator??

Thanks in advance.
Nemes

Guitar Gamer

and the answer is... *drumroll* ... show em' Johnny!

Nope.

Gamecube, Xbox, and PS2 emulators are still in early developmental stages and cannot currently play any commercial games (note, the keyword was "play") Some can boot but nothing is playable to anywhere near our acceptable standards.

As for how they test GC games right now... yes the rip them to an image on their HD. Of course there's more too it then that, but that's not whats on trial right now.

And BTW - This is in the wrong forum for this topic (watch the forum titles ;))

Hope this clarified things for you. :)

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Dolphin can run commercial games.

Originally posted by Nemes@Jun 28 2004, 08:03 PM
And if this is true, how do they get the games onto their pc's? is it a case of ripping the dvd games onto the pc in some format then running them in the emulator??
You connect a PC that has a network card with a gamecube using the broadband adapter and then using a special program you rip the game. This is done because gamecube disks cannot be used on a normal cd\dvd-rom drive.

necropimp

a few people have said they got halo running and mostly playable on their systems wit one of the xbox emulators... can't remember which one

but yeah with gamecube you have to go a slightly tricky route to get the game on your PC because the discs use a proprietary format