ps2 emu

Guitar Gamer

Negative - nothing is playable yet. The only thing playable are homebrew demos - nothing more. Anything which even displays in current emulators is a) glitch-o-rama or B) gruelingly slow.

Guitar Gamer

Yeah - booting is great and all, but its not quite "holding the controller in your hand knuckles white and grinning with joy and a hint of evil madness". It's 100% subjective. Hell, if I thought having the BIOS run was playing a game then (i'd have to be mad) and I could tell everyone so - because that's how I saw things.

in their dreams... damn straight... and in mine too. I'd like to see it happen as well.

AMD

Hi all ...

I'v got the bios (scph10000.BIN) wich 4MB ... and pcsx2 worked .. but it worked so slow .. I dont know why ???

my system :

cpu : 2.0GB 512 cash

Memory : 512MB DDR266 dual channel

VGA Card : Gforce FX 5200 128MB

Can anyone help me ??

nesman

PCSX2 cant play commercial games yet. Even you manage to get a game working, all you would get is 1-6 frames per second. that is not a playable speed. nothing is wrong with ur pc, its just that the emulators arent at a very advanced level yet.

we really need a sticky for this

Guitar Gamer

Your PC is very similiar to mine AMD and I can assure you their shall be no playing of commercial games in PCSX2. The best thing you can do right now is just support emulation, follow the news and simply be happy at every improvement. Because there's a LONG way to go.

And don't worry, your BIOS is correct and is not the reason for it running slow. :)

onewecallgod

Originally posted by AMD@Jul 10 2004, 06:11 AM
cpu : 2.0GB 512 cash

Memory : 512MB DDR266 dual channel

VGA Card : Gforce FX 5200 128MB

Can anyone help me ??
is ghz, not gb. its cache, not cash. even if the ps2 emulator was at a playable level, no way it hell will it run on ANY system with an FX5200

onewecallgod

Originally posted by pam@Jul 11 2004, 02:13 PM
whats the problem with FX5200?...
which one card is good for u? Tell us to buy it... :huh:
the 5200 series sucks humungous dog balls. its terrible; the card its supposed to replace is much better.

THE best card on the market is the x800XT by ATI. is costs 500$ though....

pam

Banned
"sucks humungous dog balls" ?.... :D :lol: :D :lol:
ok I ll buy this card if u tell me so and its available in my country. Will it be compatible in a pc with 1.8 GHZ, 256 MB?..
(u see, since i cant receive answers in my emus and games topics, i ask another type questions :lol: )

onewecallgod

answer....:

do you have an AGP 8x slot? if you have $500 USD, then go for the x800xt. its currently the best on the market