Please can someone keep the site up to date

Emu4life

First of all i know i have very little posts. but putting that aside.

I love this site and its the site that showed me about emulation and even that it existed.

but, the front page never gets updated enough anymore.

The download catagorys are old and never updated.

Nosgba still isnt availible to download in the ds section .... why? its the best emulator out for the ds.

A new psp emulator came out yesterday , that hasnt been added .....

im sure you can see my point (ideas download link got updated but description and screenshot are still way off)

it saddens me to see the (front page at least) not being properly updated and managed.

please dont let this great site down and either assign someone to do that task or start updating it again :D

Thank you

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
A new psp emulator came out yesterday , that hasnt been added .....
Regarding new emulators. It is our policy never to add them straight away to avoid possible hoaxes, it happens sometimes. Btw, you are refering to Potemkin, right?

As for the screenshots and descriptions, those are updated when needed.

please dont let this great site down and either assign someone to do that task or start updating it again
And no, it won't be going down any time soon.

Emu4life

I agree with your stance on not adding them straight away :p

nosgba isnt a hoax though, its been out ages :D add it please ;)

but surley you can see that ideas needs updating badly now, after all its current description just says :"iDeaS is an Nintendo DS emulator." and has a screenshot of some spoon demo.

it can play comercial games now 3d & 2d with sound :)

warrants a update dont you think? ;)

thanks for the reply :D

Last edited:

~!!WhoCares!!~

Rumor Starter...
he kind of has a point here. you guys haven't updated the main page for a long time. Don't you guys plan on at least changing some parts.:)

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Maybe complete redesign the frontpage???

Also add other news to the frontpage that isnt just an update to an emulator, such as previews for new games, guides, tutorials, cheats :)

Although that is going to require a lot of effort and it is creeping away from emulation.

Zach

Umm... yeah I'd say so.

I don't think a redesign is really necessary. Everything is easily to locate and no one really stops to look at the pretty colors as it is.

When I think of updates I am thinking of updating emulator information, home page links, adding new emulators, and getting more constant emulation news.

There are tons of other sites for people to read about that other stuff at, and I don't think anyone would care if EZ did pick it up anyway. They just come to download stuff and ask for ROMs

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
No$GBA is now linked to the DS section as well. Yes, the iDeaS is kind of poor so I gave it a small renewal.

New content: Cheats and game reviews is not what we do here, there are plenty of sites out there that handle that.

Guides/Tutorials: Believe it or not there is a section already there for that. The problem is that no matter how many times I asked publicly for some contributions I got nothing. I might consider doing it again if public interest arises. If you do however plan to write something just use the Submitted Content Forum, it's one of the reasons it exists(as the announcement clearly states). I'll then handle any conversion to transfer it to the main site.

Maybe complete redesign the frontpage???
Our goal was always to have an easy to navigate site where people could find what they needed fast. We would hate to complicate that.

Emu4life

Thanks for updating it :D

no offence but the NosGba description was poor.

There was little mention of the fact that it actually plays ds games, and the screenshots were of it running a gba game not ds.

maybe make the descriptions more to the point? this for instance "NO$GBA started as a Gameboy Advance debugger but was later released as a normal emulator(version 1.9). It is the first gameboy advance emulator to support multiplayer games on the same pc!"

not many would care about knowing that, and it is more trivial news about the emulator as opposed to the point of decribing what the emulator actually does.

+ again that description would be fine for it in the gba section but its in the ds section dont forget.

I will happilly get you a proper screenshot if you wish.

sorry if you think im being offensive but i have felt this way for ages (and as you can see im not the only one) and I am only trying to help you improve the site :)

Last edited:

~!!WhoCares!!~

Rumor Starter...
You guys should only update the emulators and news. Well i think that. i believe that redesigning is a bit dumb. The site is a bit easy to use.:) ( In a good way!)

thepiglet

I have always loved this sites 'no bull' approach and like many others was my first ( and still fav ) emu info site. I have also been noticing in the last 5-6 months a larger gap between updates, hey not complaining , I know we all have a real life out there I just wanted to add my support for the changes you have made and to let you guys know that there are heaps of users all over the net that love this site and would be very unhappy if it became irrelevent ( Zophars ? ).

Plz , keep up the good work!

GravityDs

I just want to say I've been coming to this site for a loooong time, and whether or not you guys (people who run the site) know it but we think it's awesome that this site is still going strong. This place is like the Wikipedia for emulators, and the only way this site will or should ever die is if people stop making emulators all together. And the colors are awesome lol, what other site has tan/beige/brown? It's almost like those colors were meant to be, it just fits the whole emulation thing, ya know? Well, I for one appreciate you guys keeping this site alive and kicking and my thanks also goes to the dev's of emulators, and BTW this site is extremely user friendly, I seriously don't use any other site for Emulators, this place and romhacking.net are my favorite places for emulation/translation news. Peace

EienOfDark

小太郎様
Regarding the NO$GBA DS emulator, the copy for download on the site doesn't work. It's missing a few crucial things that go with it. I got my copy from here and it told me there was a loading error, but a friend of mine sent me his copy which came with BIOSGBA.ROM, BIOSNDS7.ROM, BIOSNDS9.ROM, FIRMWARE.BIN, and NO$GBA.INP that I didn't have before. It also came with NDS2xGL2.exe though I doubt that's as important. But it suddenly worked.

But now I have to wonder if something else is missing. Because I can play my game just fine- as long as I don't turn it off. And that's not to say that the save function doesn't work; I'm unable to load it. I select "continue", the screen fades black, and stays that way as if it's frozen. Does anyone else have a similar problem, with any game? My cousin is also very versed in electronics and we're both trying to figure out what might be the cause of this.

I also tried encrypting the games, which I heard was possible room for error. It said the encryption was a success, but didn't seem to have any effect whatsoever on my situation.

Sorry for getting a bit off topic but let's see if anyone has ideas on either.

GravityDs

well I know that BIOS usually never come with the emulator because they are illegal to distribute or whatever, and as far as No$GBA DS it's probably an emulation issue, that sort of question belongs on the emulators' website or here on these forums under the Nintendo section where you'd probably get a better answer than mine.

Zach

You will never download emulators from EZ that contain BIOS/Firmware/Roms, as it is illegal to distribute the copyrighted data those files contain

Last edited:

EienOfDark

小太郎様
You will never download emulators from EZ that contain BIOS/Firmware/Roms, as it is illegal to distribute the copyrighted data those files contain

Well I can understand that then, but why are they illegal content? Is it simply because it enables them to work?

Zach

They are illegal because of copyright law, so in a sense, yes. The data in those files comes from chips in the actual console unit, essentially creating other "units" in software form, that the console companies make no money from because they were obtained freely. It's basically stealing.

The reason emulation itself isn't illegal is because emulators are reverse engineered from the original hardware. The reason some emulators require actual BIOS and firmware is because those chips themselves took lots of time and millions of dollars to develop - something emulator programmers just don't have.

It's the same for game ROMS. The game company makes $0 off every copy that circulates and keeps people from buying an original. In some cases people do go out and buy the games, but in most the companies technically lose the cost of 2 games (the rom and the un-purchased original that "would have" been purchased)

Last edited:
My suggestion is :
1.Add only working and optimized emulators.
2.No need for PS2 or XBOX emu...come on guys...get serious...these won`t work.
3.Refine the emu directories and remove emulators which are old and probably with no support.
4.Add MAME support files such as the bios files.They are difficult to seek and afterall I`ve seen an italian site which has the full BIOS files(including Naomi1 and Naomi2).

I hope that wasn`t a big request :) Thanx anyway {}

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
1 + 2 + 3: We plan to have as many emulators as possible. Weather they are not working well or are too old is for each person to decide.

4: We will not add any kind of roms unless they are public domain or open source. I really don't care about what an Italian site does but on our part what I said goes.

ubr

NPC GM Pilot
1 + 2 + 3: We plan to have as many emulators as possible. Weather they are not working well or are too old is for each person to decide.

What about WSCAMP ?, i think its a nice addition to wonderswan emulator list.