i am a freakin` noob, help!!!

ceme

well... i want to play the "devil may cry" games... i read on gamespot that dmc 1&2 aren't for pc :( , so i downloaded the ps2 versions... i heard that u can play ps2 games on the pc

so far so good, i have dmc1 and it is for ps2 so what do i have to do to play it? i tried all 3 ps2 emu`s from this site and none of them work :( (something about bios file)...

and oh yea, what is the difference between ntsc and pal??? i doesn't write if my dmc1 is pal or ntsc

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Firstly, you will need an extremely good PC to get PCSX2 functioning at all. Bear in mind that even if your PC meets the requirements the games you want to play might not be emulated properly/at all since PS2 emulation is still far from complete. AFAIK DMC 1&2 aren't yet in a playable state.

Secondly, the bios refers to the internal code the PS2 runs on, its copyrighted and so as per the rules for these forums people won't be able to provide you with information on where it can be obtained other than dumping it directly from a PS2 you own.
This Link will take you to a guide on setting the emulator up.

Lastly, NTSC and PAL are the two different video standards used by US (NTSC) and Europe/Japan (PAL). An NTSC game will generally require a US PS2 bios and a PAL game will usually require an EU or JAP bios.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

mhl12

An NTSC game will generally require a US PS2 bios and a PAL game will usually require an EU or JAP bios.

ps2 BIOS are not region dependent. You can still have a US BIOS and play european and japanese ps2 games.