When will the PS2 functional emulator come?

Cristallerine

Hi ppl,

I'm wondering whether someone could give me an approximate year or month when the PS2 emulator will play commercial games on PC... For I would like to play Spyro (Yr of the Dragon) on PC, but since it's an old game it'll be hard to find it on the market in 2-3 yrs from now... :(
Can anyone help plz?
Thx,
Cristallerine.

Guitar Gamer

Approximations may prove useless in this area of emulation. The best bet is to generally go with the assumption that its going to take a long time (over a single year) to get anything up to a playable level at all. And then comes the post tasks of making the games work from start to finish without ten thousand bugs, etc. It'll be a while. Definitely won't happen in months - not something you wanna sit and wait for. ;)

belmont

When the PS2 price drops to 149 euro\$ I don't think there will be a need for an emulator anymore.Anyone could buy one instead of a new G-force card for example.

Cristallerine

Oh, well I'm in a bad case then... That's sad! :unsure:

M.H.A.Q.S.

I don't really see the point of emulating a console. :p

Guitar Gamer

I do it simply for fun. I own all the consoles I emulate (well, most of them anyway). I get a kick out of playing games on my monitor I guess. There's also some nice graphic improvements through emulation (like Final Fantasy 8 for example) in "some" cases.

I don't know why everyone else does it... but I do it because its within the area of interest I like to dwaddle in... nothing more really...

Then again, I guess it started out as being a way to escape not being able to afford the real deal. <_< :p