Hello from Adelaide, Australia!

italiandragon

Hi everybody, I`m new here...I know something about emulators but have been out of the gaming industry for years so I have to consider myself again a newbie.

Could anyone give me a few good advices where to start ?

I don`t have time to browse million of pages on google and I already read that here I can`t ask or find games....but as you imagine is one of the main problems of a newbie.

Also, I downloaded the PS2 emulator here but it crashed my new Laptop (which is very powerful with 1 Gig of RAM and 2 processors ).....so I wonder if is Windows Vista the issue ?

Thanks for any advice!

HybridShadow

Hi,
I'm from Adelaide too (where abouts are you? I'm in Paralowie).

Windows Vista wouldn't be the issue but that fact that the PS2 emulators haven't been updated for a while it is possible it has compatibility issues. Try right clicking the main file and setting the compatibility mode to Windows XP.

Can you explain how it 'crashed' your laptop.

~!!WhoCares!!~

Rumor Starter...
Welcome to emulator zone... please follow the rules PLEASE...... um also to point this out PS2 emulators don't really work so you don't need a stronger processer..................:)

Oh yeah if your from AUSTRALIA why is you name italiandragon

Last edited:

italiandragon

Hi,
I'm from Adelaide too (where abouts are you? I'm in Paralowie).

Windows Vista wouldn't be the issue but that fact that the PS2 emulators haven't been updated for a while it is possible it has compatibility issues. Try right clicking the main file and setting the compatibility mode to Windows XP.

Can you explain how it 'crashed' your laptop.

oh wow already surprised I am.....someone else from Adelaide!

I am in Athelstone currently :) Nice to "meet you" :)

I`ll try that, thanks!

And since I have to follow the rules I guess I have to start a thread about that in another section .

italiandragon

Welcome to emulator zone... please follow the rules PLEASE...... um also to point this out PS2 emulators don't really work so you don't need a stronger processer..................:)

Oh yeah if your from AUSTRALIA why is you name italiandragon

thanks I see so I`ll quit looking to emulate PS2 and I`ll try other.

My nicknames is italiandragon simply because:

1) I was born in Italy and left Italy in 2004. Now I`m in Australia.

2) in the Chinese Horoscope I`m a Dragon. :)

hitmonlee

hey dudes im from perth
apparently adelaide is our enemy