mapzilla

System specs:
1.1 GHZ chip
384 RAM
Geforce2 video
WinXP OS
Controllers:
Gravis Eliminator Pro
Logitech (similiar to old PSX controller)
Emulator: ePSxe

Last night I booted up Castlevania: SOTN and was fairly pleased w/ my first attempt. For each configuration Video, Sound, and Drive I had at least 2 or 3 plugins to chose from. However, I am getting the feeling with each change I make to the config, I am causing irreversible damage to the game, plugins, emu, controllers, etc. The more I tweaked with ePSxe the worse it got. Till finally nothing seems to work well at all. :(

Does anyone who has had success with SOTN have a good recipe for plugins and configuration? Does ePSxe and the plugins need to be deleted and downloaded over again? Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

mapzilla

Thanks Belmont. Ur tha best. :) The game runs fairly smooth with those settings. Slow down in just a few areas.

Pete's PSX D3D (DX6) video - very similiar to the Snes9x emulator grahpic package. Under normal settings the sprites are horribly blocky. But with hi-res (2XSal) its much better. Only bummer is 2XSal on the ePSxe slows my computer down to a crawl (not so with Snes9x). Wonder if (DX7) feature (Smart texture garbage collection) would make a difference? <_<

Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41 - With a buffer size of 8 the sound effects and dialogue were horribly scratchy. I increased it to 24 and the gravel echo went away. Version 1.41 has 3 settings (Direct Sound, SDL, and Wave). Only Direct Sound runs at all. Wonder if buffer size affects slow down? <_<

I'm such a Castlevania whore. :ph34r:

mapzilla

After much experimenting I found a really good config:

Resolution: 512 X 384

Texture: Extended w/o sprites

Not all the sprites show up the way they should but everything else looks and runs great!