since the ps2 emulator dont work does the gc emula

ramzak

does the game cube emulator work!!!

Guitar Gamer

But a word of warning to those interested - attaining the games will be tough - and doing it with your own games could prove even more a challenge (but 100% possible). If you'd like to see some screenshots of Dolphin in action check here.

Dolphin Screenshots

The screens are quite impressive and look to be promising signs for the future of Dolphin. There's also a couple more GC emulators out there to watch - Dolwin and Whinecube.

Guitar Gamer

Only ISOs. The GC discs are only able to read in the GC itself... so... in other words... nope - not happening "in" the PC itself.

ramzak

so nintendo added a code in the cd or the data in the gc cds are diffrent to computer. well im just asking wat does the game cude iso look like well i downloaded one but there all seperated files so how could u load all of them at the same time.

nesman

idk about mounting split images, but i know why a PC cant read a Gamecube disk. its very simple, the GC discs are just 3 inches in diameter. they're smaller then standard CD-ROM discs.

Guitar Gamer

At the risk of offending (which I do not intend) - That's not why. In fact all my drives physically mount the GC disc perfectly. It just can't be read on any commercial drive just as DVDs can't be read on a CD-ROM. They are smaller in size indeed - but there are CDs that exist that size I've seen before (ever seen those oddly shaped CDs as well?)

nesman

i thought since the GC disc is small, the drive wont be able to spin the disc. wait...are you talking about mounting the image? or about putting the actual disc in the physical drive?

Guitar Gamer

I'm talking about putting the GC disc into the actual drive. I'm almost positive that it spins the disc - it just doesn't do crap all with it. I'm going to try later today when I get my hands on a GC game for a few minutes. I could have sworn the disc spins and simply doesn't read.

G

Gigashock

ok i download a gamecube gcm on eMule but it says in dolphin it's pokemon coloseum bonus disc. so is that pokemon coloseum or a pokemon colosseum bonus disc? and is dolphin capable of emulating it?

Zach

Considering you have the stuff and most of us probably don't. The only person who can answer your question is you

onewecallgod

the tiny cds can be mounted perfectly on regular cd drives (ever see those midget "business card" cds before?) but the reason they cant be read is that the data on the disk is written in a different way than normal dvds/cds are. normal dvds/cds are written from the inside of the cd to the outside and gamecube cds are written from the outside to the in (at least thats what ive heard).

Zach

Its more than just the way the data is written. Its probably in an entirely different format as well to go with the media.

Its like putting a DVD in a CD-ROM.. not gonna happen