I'm having some trouble with a game

Ben.Ks

I've just started trying to get some PS1 roms and I can't get it to work. I've followed the instructions that are posted about how to set up the plugins and bios etc, but I can't seem to get the game to work. I've only downloaded one game so far, Crash Bandicoot 2. its a RAR file and I tried to unzip it but it doesn't seem to work. It has two parts to it and its from*********. Can anyone help me out?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zach

Ok first.. Don't mention where you've got the stuff from (and don't ask either, please). I've removed that from your post. Secondly, please review the forum rules so you don't make anymore mistakes like that.

I don't know much about PSX emulation but someone else will be along to help you out I'm sure.

mhl12

please dont post links to rom sites.. read the rules.

You need to download winrar to unrar it: www.rarlabs.com

Ben.Ks

Yeah sorry about that. I've read the forum rules, after I posted the thread, but before I read your replys haha. Sorry, wont happen again.

And thanks for the info!

g0d53nd

cant be totally sure, sense it was a while back, but when i first started and i got winrar, and when you install it, it will ask you what file extentions to associate winrar with, make sure ISO is unchecked, or you will just a continue zip process lol happened to me, got me frustrated, when it's unclicked you will see the ISO after you unzip the crash game, and you can play it with the epsxe emulator, some people use daemon tools to mount it and play it with the emulator, me personally i just open the emulator then, click file>run iso>find the iso you want, then it will play, it should as long as you have the bios, plugins (set your video plug in to petes openGL driver 1.76) and it should run just fine! good luck

if you get any wierd graphic stuff or bugs it looks like, just post back.

hope you get it to work!

Last edited:

Ben.Ks

Its still not working. I tried extracting it with Winrar, and I made sure ISO was unchecked and It didn't work. I tried doing the same with witn ISO checked and it still didn't work. Its extracting two different types of files, Part 1 is an MDF file and part two is an MDS file. Any help?

Zach

Yeah those are alcohol 120% image files, should be able to just run them like an ISO, if the program supports that format.

Ben.Ks

Its not working still. My screen resolution changes and I get a black screen. I've waited for a couple minutes thinking maybe it needs time to load, but no such luck. When I go to Open ISO, the file type says PSX ISO (.ISO, .IMG etc...) but my game isn't listed there, so I change the file type to All Files and select the game, but I just get that black screen.

g0d53nd

mabey epsxe doesnt suppor the MDF files. Also if ya want it not to go full screen (sometimes its a bi*** and freezes up on me to when it goes fullscreen) go to config video then for whatever video plug in your using (hopefully petes openGL driver 1.76) then click "window mode" i belive it is then press ok..

Other then that if you dont see the image file (mdf or whatever in ur case) when u go to click run iso, then odds are epsxe doesnt support it, so you might have to go find it hopefully in .BIN , .ISO and .IMG those are the image extensions i know for sure work on epsxe.. I heard .NRG does to (nero) but i cant confirm that.. Are you really wanting to play crash? or you just trying to get this to work? if your just trying to get it to work to see if it works on your computer, PM me and i can give you a site that has working roms all in one of the working extensions I mentioned. (the site im refering to even has all the crash games!)

Ben.Ks

Yeah I'm using that vido Plugin. I'll PM you cause that would be really helpful. Thanks man. Also I was wondering if there are any other good PS emulators out there.

Cloud802

Emu Freak
ePSXe is the best one, I have yet to encounter a game that it cannot run. Find a program called ISObuster and you can convert the mdf image into something else and try it that way. I haven't seen any mdf images yet, but cdi are a pain when it comes to dreamcast emulation.