final fantasy 8

SOAD

I have been playing FF8 for emulator for afew days now (back when i had a ps2
i played it) does anyone think that squall's father is laguna or riona's mouther
is the singer laguna used to lission to. I know the ebding is another crappy
cliff hanger ending and alot of people have been spreading all sorts of roomer's
like this. :huh:

belmont

SPOILERS

Laguna is Squall's father,I remember it from when I played the game.I don't remember how I found it out though.

Guitar Gamer

That's the popular theory. They don't come out and say it of course. But all the clues and small hints lead to that conclusion. And if you think of the story in terms of Laguna being the father then it makes more sense in certain areas. Of course its open for speculation - just as Square intended (or were too lazy to tie up - who knows)

I should play through it again - I'm a little blurry myself...

Techman

Julia and General Caraway are Rinoa's parents, it's told in the game.
Laguna Loire and Raine Lionheart are Squall's parents, many hints can be seen ingame.

Jale

Yes sir! Laguna is Squall's father and Raine his mother. I've found it when Kiros told Squall something like "At least you're not like your father..." (in the Ragnarok's Ship).

hkwebmaker

SPOILER

raine was never deemed squall's actual sister, he may have referred to her as it, but it never states if he bioloigcally is or not

however, rinoa is NOT at all related to julia at least as far as square (square enix now) has told us

~Blade~KAB

Blade-KAB
Squall parents are Laguna, and Raine. After fighting in the Galbadia Army, Laguna ended up in Whinhill, where Raine took care of him. Ellone lived with Raine, and it doesn't say what was going on with her parents. all you know about them is they lived in the house next to Raine. Laguna and Raine fell inlove, and got married. You don't find out that she was pregnant till Ellone tells Squall that she wanted her Uncle Laguna to be by Raines side, so she could show him her new born baby. Because Ellon was kidnapped, Laguna went to Esthar to find her, when he does, he keeps to his word to his new friends to get rid of Adel, and become the president. doing that ment sending Ellone with one of his friends back to whinhill. when Ellone got there, Raine had died from cancer. so what happened to the baby? Ellone was taken away to Edeas orphanage, the baby must have been to. Ellone looked out for Squall in the orphanage, most likly because he was Raines son, and Ellone seen her as a mother figure.

somewhere in the tutorial it says that Rinoas parents are Julia and Caraway, so she isn't related to Squall, it's just neat that his father and her mother had a thing for eachother before either Rinoa or Squall were born. Kiros once said that Squall looked more like his mother, than his father, and Laguna says that Ellone told him somthing about Squall, but says he will tell Squall after the battle with Ultimecia. the theory was stated in the game, in the tutorial where it gives you some information about all the places, and characters as you meet them. thats where i found out that Laguna and Raine are Squalls parents.

Last edited:

komuroto

You know on FF8 i never played it passed the first town because my stupid game would just load forever after that. Maybe i should try it an emulator, but for some reason FF9 doesnt display attack menus when i go into a battle scene. (like fight , etc) How could i fix my problem?

rekonfalley

Final Fantasy combines a great story, amazing graphics and excellent sound solid RPG, of course, joint system changed, and a lot of secrets and extras. After a series of visually stunning game, but uninspired room, players were concerned that the Final Fantasy VIII is the same.

M.afaqanjum228

the story in terms of Laguna being the father then it makes more sense in certain areas. Of course its open for speculation - just as Square intended (or were too lazy to tie up - who knows)