CD image problem with Chankast

Cloud802

Emu Freak
Hello, I recently got a backup file for Shenmue from my disc and I mounted it on Deamon tools. When I went to play it I get a simple error message, the window title is ioControl and the message simply says "error".

Anyone know a particular way to fix this?

Last edited:

Solis

You back it up! Do you there is no way to backup a dreamcast game through
the cdrom drive of pc because the dreamcast uses a giga disc drive. Are you sure the rom is good? If you made an iso through the pc cdrom drive all i might contain is a couple of text files and maybe some pictures. But if is a good image check the pad plugin or try a different emulator like dcemul or nulldc.

Cloud802

Emu Freak
I didn't back it up through CDROM so it's a good image. I'm looking at the chankast FAQ right now to see if my question gets answered.

Edit- The image I'm using is a cdi image of Shenmue, and the faq on chanka says that it has trouble with .cdi, so I need to either convert it or try to find one that's not .cdi. It also said you could try mounting it on Deamon Tools 3.29, but I have 3.29, so I'll try converting it to a different format image today.

Last edited:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
@Solis: There is a way to rip GD-ROM games through a normal CD-ROM drive now. Just Google for it and you will find the info.
@Cloud802: 99% of the Dreancast scene releases are in the DiscJuggler format (.cdi). It seems strange to me a DC emulator would have problems with them.
Did you try other games with Chankast?