LOADS of problemes with limewire

thunder_184

The Punisher
ok, so my friend recomended me some programe named limewire (don't ask why I haven't heared about it befor) and I have ALOT of problemes with downloads, even tho my computer is more powerfull then theres I don't get why I have so many problemes with this programe. Basicly I have LOTS of trouble downloading, ex: I try downloading cool songs from it, then it says need more source, I click search source, the it dose some kind of count down to 300sec, and the same thing pups up or it might be Awating source, ALL THE TIME, WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?
sd part is my friend has a 150 ram and about 30 G memory and he NEVER had this problem WHY?!?!?!?

Psycho_Symantic

the problem isnt your box, its that shitty program
they purposely do that so youll buy their crap.

find something else

Crazy!

Road Runner!
I found both LimeWire & Frostwire, really CRAP! I've found another one which is better! I'll PM you...:p ;)

PS- You think it's to do with PC Specs, it's nothing to do with it at all, the only thing really is the speed of your internet connection...and the reason why they're both bad is coz there's hardly anything on there and there's no sources , like you said. The one I've suggested on PM is brilliant! :)

Last edited:

thunder_184

The Punisher
I have no idea why he just didn't say it out loud but it isn't kazaa don't worry

Crazy!

Road Runner!
crazy, which one did you suggest.
i really hope it wasent kazaa
as that was complete and utter shit

It was the file sharing Network powered by Edonkey called Emule, I've found it really useful and almost free of viruses {hence the word ALMOST!}! :)

And to Thunder_184 - It's pretty simple to use, if you go to the link in the PM on, it'll take you to the download page, click on the word Installer etc {version wahtever}, install it and then click on the desktop icon. First of all you have to clarify something before you use it, i.e screen name, internet connection speeds etc and then when the program opens properly...

Follow these steps -

1. Make sure yo are connected to the internet.

2. Look at the icon/tabs at the top of the program screen, click on Servers and then click on the connect button to the right side of the screen to connect to a server network.

3. Click on the Kad tab at the top of the screen and click on connect on the right hand side of the screen to connect to the Kad network.

4. Now you're connected to both networks, you can starting searching for all different types of files MP3{Music files}, game ISO's, videos, documents etc by clicking on the Search tab at the top of the screen.

5. Type in a keyword/s in the blank slot and choose which network you want to look in under the network tab and also make sure you've chosen the correct file category i.e music, image file, document, video etc and then press on the small search button opposite the keyword space to search the network.

6. If there's anything on the network that matches the keyword, a list of files should show up, it's always best to check the Available column on the bottom search screen because the files with a higher number of availability will have more download source.

7. Double click on the file you want and then that file will be taken to the Transfers screen, look at the top of the screen and click on Transfers, here's you're file, you'll have to give it some time to collect sources and also wait for it to start to download.

8. When the files/file has finished downloading you can check all of the files you've downloaded on the Shared Filestab at the top of the screen, you can also open the files in here.

9. Go on the Options tab to change screen name, program features and loads more!

Here are the basics, there are more things to say but if you find this complicated tell me.

Last edited:

Psycho_Symantic

emule works, and is great for rare stuff.

its just dead slow. its not one of the proggies thatll let you grab a song in 15 seconds you gotta wait.

so i only use it for rare stuff like tg16 cd iso's

Crazy!

Road Runner!
No it's great for everything really, there's alot of sources for almost everything I look for, and yeah it's brilliant for really rare stuff! It's the best one I can find, it's true I think Limewire or Frostwire are sometimes quicker when downloading songs but there's just not alot of sources at all, and not alot on there and it's so untidy and has a unbeliveably shit search engine, I could never find nothing! :p

thunder_184

The Punisher
what dose Kad do? and this looks a lot like limewire but less automatique, am I right? looks safer too AND WAY FASTER

Last edited:

thunder_184

The Punisher
OMG THIS STUFF IS FAST

But I am having problems with the shared files thing, like went I am downloading I don't see how much downloaded it is and also some lings (in transfer) are red other in bleu what dose that mean?

None of them are downloading? weird
I knew the search engin speed was too fast to be true lol

Last edited:

mhl12

limewire is written in java.. that's why it's so bloated.

Either way.. bittorrent is the future right now.

thunder_184

The Punisher
...were not talking about limewire anymore dude

and I can't belive ur still on ths site lol, last time I went on this site was in december, how long have u been writing on this forum? (I totaly know this is off subject)