I want to know about emulation and roms for NDS

unbeatable91

hi everyone, im a total noob to this emulation and roms thing, i tried to download YU Gi OH GX spirit caller and Desmume emulator but i couldnt play the game so i think theres not a compatibility between the game and the emulator, so can anyone help me with this stuff? like which emulation is the best one cause beside this game i want to play some other ones, and also can u put some links on where to download roms for free and the emulators? thx a lot :D
P.S sorry if im posting a thread thats a repeat or totally stupid

datadayne

I think no$gba is comppatible with the most ds games. You can download it on this forum. Search the pages. As for roms, did you read the rules, NO ROMS! (just read my sig, it should help)

spotanjo3

Oh man. So many people sign it up and dont bother to read the rules. *sigh* tsk tsk tsk. We can't help you with roms you have downloaded from somewhere because it is against the rules in here.

unbeatable91

oh im really sorry ... so u guys download ur emulator then how do u play games if u dont use roms? or is it that we are just not allowed to talk or discuss about roms in here?

unbeatable91

okay nevermind i just went to the forum rules and read it i got it, no more discussion about ROMs or anything but can u guys give me ur opinion on which one is the best emulator?

spotanjo3

The best ?

No$gba - Higher compabilities (high recommendation) (yes joystick supporting)

Desmume - Good compabilities (this is to watch for) (no joystick supporting)

iDeaS - So-so compabilities (this is caught up ahead right now) (no joystick supporting)

unbeatable91

one thing, if i use any of these emulators, do i need to set the settings or add any extra side programs to these emulators? and Btw does each emulator has its own different kind of ROMS? sorry for mentioning Roms again cause thats the only way i know how to play NDS game on the computer

spotanjo3

do i need to set the settings or add any extra side programs to these emulators?

No but you will need nds bios and firmware for no$gba but desmume and ideas doesnt. yeah, it is illegal to ask where. Google is your friend of course.

and Btw does each emulator has its own different kind of ROMS? sorry for mentioning Roms again cause thats the only way i know how to play NDS game on the computer

No.

unbeatable91

hmm so the one i should probably use is the NO$GBA but one question, GBA stands for Game Boy Advanced and im trying to look for the Nintendo DS emulator, its the one with the touch screen and stuff
P.S just making sure everyone understands me

unbeatable91

okay so i just did some research on the internet and i searched for DS emulators and the results didnt show NO$GBA so im really confused here

spotanjo3

okay so i just did some research on the internet and i searched for DS emulators and the results didnt show NO$GBA so im really confused here

Actually, it did run nds games but be warn that it is not perfectly so when you find that your game is playable but glitches, slow, etc then just be happy with it because this emulator is still in development, understand ? :)

Get it at:

http://nocash.emubase.de/gba.htm

and click:

Download windows version (ca. 130 Kbytes) ----> If you are windows user then grab it. Have fun!

unbeatable91

hi so thx for replying to my question. And i also downloaded both the No$GBA ( still downloading, iono why my internet is so slow) and the DesMume and my DesmuMe has some problems, for instance when my game file 's name is .rar of course it doesnt work, then i changed it to .nds and i did the right steps to use the desmume but then the program stops working and turns off, i also get an error message from windows. I was wondering if u can help me with this problem ( also if u wanna know my game is YU GI OH Gx spirit caller) thx a lot

datadayne

afaik, just last month I was playing spirit caller on no$gba. It work good but sound is not that good. But speed is perfect.

spotanjo3

hi so thx for replying to my question. And i also downloaded both the No$GBA ( still downloading, iono why my internet is so slow) and the DesMume and my DesmuMe has some problems, for instance when my game file 's name is .rar of course it doesnt work, then i changed it to .nds and i did the right steps to use the desmume but then the program stops working and turns off, i also get an error message from windows. I was wondering if u can help me with this problem ( also if u wanna know my game is YU GI OH Gx spirit caller) thx a lot

Make sure you unzip this file because no$gba doesnt run in .rar or .zip at all. Unzip it and try again. :)