Can't get Strider or Bubble Bobble to work in MAME32 v1.14

TwistedWhizz

Quick question, hope someone here can help. I've got the newer MAME32 v 1.14 from this very site. I've also downloaded all the bios files that I believe, after much searching, you need to get these games to run.

I downloaded both Striders, and Bubble Bobble, and stick them in the roms folder. I do a games audit, but they don't even show up in my games list.

What do I have to do? Many thanks nice people! :)

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Try clicking on 'All Games' in the left hand menu and it will list all games for that version of Mame regardless of whether you have the roms. Then scroll down to Bubble Bobble, Strider, or whatever, and right click and audit.

If it says files are missing you have an old or outdated rom and/or bios file. It will report which specific files are missing from your rom.

If it says 'not found' or something similar then its possible the roms are completely wrong or incorrectly named.

You could also try them with an older build of Mame32. Try Version 0.106. Old versions can be Dl'd HERE.

Last edited:

TwistedWhizz

Many thanks for your replies.

It turns out that the roms weren't so good for some reason. A friend of mine gave me a disc with better versions that work fine now.

Cheers again.