Mame32 problems

swy81

Hi, this is my first time using the Mame32 emulator. I just downloaded it off this site recently. But when I open it up and try to open a game I get messages. It lists all of these messages saying that all of these files are not found. And then at the bottom it says "Error:required files are missing, the game cannot be run." The thing is, it's like that for every single game.

Here's what the errors look like:

247eaa03.bin NOT FOUND
247eaa04.bin NOT FOUND
247b01.23n NOT FOUND
247b02.21n NOT FOUND
247a05 NOT FOUND
247-a13 NOT FOUND
247-a11 NOT FOUND
247-a08 NOT FOUND
247-a09 NOT FOUND
247-a10 NOT FOUND
247-a12 NOT FOUND
247-a06 NOT FOUND
247-a07 NOT FOUND

Sorry I'm a newbie at all of this. How do I run the games then? Any help would be appreciated. Thanx everyone.

raiden

the emulator is worthless without the rom files to play the games. it can be confusing when you load mame32 cos it lists all the games . so download the roms and leave them in .zip format and put them in the mame32 rom directory.

Jerry

I get this when I downloaded MAME 0.83 I can't get any thing at all I have Metal Slug1&2 roms in zipped files and the files are corrperted and I can't get the files out. :(

raiden

if the zips are corrupt then you have to download them again. also if its metal slug just make sure you have the neo geo bios

iNsTinCtZ_213

I really need help on MAME32. I downloaded the latest version of MAME32 and I downloaded the Marvel vs Capcom rom. I put the rom in the roms folder and I launched the Mame. I double clicked on the rom I downloaded and all it does is load and goes back to Mame the same way it looked before I tried to load the rom. I NEED HELP....I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!! :(