Tweaking Fusion

Saucerful

Avid Fan
Hey everyone, I'm sort of new to these forums. Wondering if I could get some educated opinions as to how to tweak the performance of Kega Fusion.

First off, my system is as follows: P4 Northwood 2.8GHz, 1GB PC3200 RAM, BFG GeForce 256MB 6800GS, and a SB Audigy 2. All my video and audio drivers are up-to-date.

Got my display set to 640x480 @ 120Hz (so it's a multiple of 60) and I've got hq2x enabled. I get about 60fps with hq2x enabled in Gens+ but I prefer Fusion as an emulator. So I'm currently getting 45fps in Fusion with hq2x enabled, and 60fps with no filtering enabled. 45fps is totally playable but 60fps would be nicer. The first suggestion is obviously not to use filtering, but I feel as though my computer should be able to handle it, and I'm trying to figure out how to get Fusion running at 55-60fps with hq2x enabled, since it does work fine in other emulators. Are there any buffering options or anything I'm not aware of? Any suggestions at all are welcome.

Zach

This is probably a question for Steve, the programmer behind Fusion. Though I suspect he may either tell you one of two things.

The plugins need to be modified slightly to work with Fusion OR There are some coder issues on his side relating to plugin support and performance.

Which one, I can't say. But I do know that filter plugins used to be commonly discussed topic back on the old Kega boards

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I've found using the standard Bilinear filter gives nice authentic looking results and the performance hit is minimal.

Saucerful

Avid Fan
This is probably a question for Steve, the programmer behind Fusion. Though I suspect he may either tell you one of two things.

The plugins need to be modified slightly to work with Fusion OR There are some coder issues on his side relating to plugin support and performance.

Which one, I can't say. But I do know that filter plugins used to be commonly discussed topic back on the old Kega boards

I already thought of asking him, but trying to sign up for the Kega Fusion forums results in a error telling me my registration code is wrong (which it isn't). Plus, I can't find his email.