Final Fantasy 8 problem

1stdead

I have been able to play Final Fantasy 8 first time i put the cd into the dvddrive... But i want to use Alchol 120% so i dont have to play with cd... But it doesnt work anyway.. And either with the original cd...?

I can see i read in the start from the disc, but nothing happens.. And there is just a black box... I use ePSXe..

My computer:
3 Ghz P4HT
512DDr
80 Gigabyte harddisk
Dvd and Cd burner drive...

1stdead

And it was also a laggy game the first time, it lags when a movie was showed.. That happend also with Final Fantasy 7...

raiden

so are you trying to play with a copied cd, or did you make an .iso image file. if its a copied cd you are using then the problem is that final fantasy 8 has copyright protection written into the sub-channels of the cd. there are ways around it though.
what you need to do is to make an iso file from the original cd . apply a .ppf patch to the .iso that will remove the protection and then re-burn the .iso.

belmont

My original FF8 works great on ePSXe.
Try using the 1.5.2 version of the emulator or messing with the grafics plugins.

1stdead

Downloadet it for a new try, a this time i works again, but it lags a bit... How to do that it doesnt lag??