Betal

Hollaback Girl
Pop, R&B and Techno&Trance

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
GrindCore\Metal= :msn_devilLAMB OF GOD:msn_devil

Techno

90sRap

House music.Chill , Lounge , Classics.I don`t like disco music however I am stuck with that stupid disco because I am working as an aerobics instructor and I have to listen and dance under it.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Me personally, I love basically any hybrid of Technical Metal and Thrash. :) Oh, and I love to rave. >:)

thelittlegumnut

ya, hip hop and rnb which is pretty much just "urban" now. I dont like all hip hop.

hip hop that sounds too generic or too much like the artist is just trying to go along with the trend is not my fave AT ALL... I enjoy listening to artists that still have that authentic hip hop sound and have meaningful lyrics about life and world issues not just talking about women like they are items not people. As for rnb/urban, its not all that common in mainstream lately but i still love it whether it be more on the edgy pop side or more soulful subtle side. im not scared to admit i listen to love songs. i mean most people can relate so why hate on it?

P.S. Im also not a hater of mainstream i just don't really "feel" it you know. so yeah i dont hate lady gaga or justin bieber or lil wayne, drake (i used to really enjoy his old mixtapes though e.g. so far gone) and all them i just don't think anyone deserves to be hated because even though they say they dont mind the "haters"; sub consciously this is hurting them, they get used to being hated, which is wrong. (imagine going on youtube and seeing yourself getting bagged the crap out of in a vid by some nerd who has done hardly anything as much as you and not only that, you look in the comments and see death threats, and yeah they aren't real death threats but you might as well be getting bullied by a large portion of the population. id hate to walk down the street and know most guys want to tell you how much they hate you.) remember, no amount of money can buy happiness or respect.

Also i do kinda hate the word "haters" lol (despite using it, hehehe...). it just sounds lame to me!!

READ MY SIGNATURE BEFORE MAKING A BAD STATEMENT!!! lol ;)

Last edited:
I love how there was a 5-year gap in this thread's posts that nobody seemed to acknowledge. :p

While I initially fell in love with heavy metal as a teenager, enjoying everything from over-the-top power metal cheese to the wonderfully bleak and atmospheric black metal acts, I've lately found myself lost in electronic music. Given the ludicrously vast array of electronic genres and sounds, I essentially just look for anything that stirs the emotion or strikes a chord. As I mentioned, I have a general appreciation for slow, introspective ambiance (shoutouts to Ben Frost), but I've found myself enjoying everything from dubstep (Benga, Burial, Rustie) to IDM. I do appreciate the skill it takes to master an instrument, but talent in composition is equally meritable, and that can't be ignored or mimicked no matter what medium an artist chooses.

Of course, with my appreciation for certain trends and sounds rather than genres themselves, I find myself enjoying a decent amount of other areas of music, such as jazz, hip hop (shoutouts to Dessa and Del), blues, classical, pop (Royksopp) and other things. I'll give anything a chance if I can find something of merit within it. That said, it doesn't mean I'm not picky about things. That's a completely different story, though.

Last edited:

heinzsteinhoff

Mainly New Orleans Jazz and Bebop (and its variations), Alternative Rock (80s, 90s and early 2000s) and Classic Rock (i.e The Who)

montpics

Loved all types of songs. :p But right now prefer Pop Rock.

However in my place, people got crazed with K-Pop songs. (They even played "Gangnam Style" all over place.) :glare:

ColonelWindpipe

I like anything that's got good musicianship; :L Seems like a cop out - but listening to a brilliant symphony is just as good as a kickass DJ/producer or crazy metal band :)

Kpeved

Of course it's Rock'n'roll, in particular classick hard rock - Black sabbath, AC-DC, Deep purple, Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Hendrizm, Rolling Stones and etc, etc, etc.