Who wanna help with cxbx delphi port ?

montpics

what a pity.
That really depends on the members here who want to contribute their support.

I'm terribly sorry if you feel depressed for the unwelcomeness of this forum.

Nemesis_Stars

no problem bro. thanks for answering anyway.
I like this site and it's been a long time I've been here but didn't feel like registering.
some ppl in this forum were fond of making xbox emu.
I recall one of them said "is it possible to rip xbox emu from 360"?
I didn't expect that no one's gonna accompany.:confused:

Nemesis_Stars

this seems like a private thread. I like it.:)

http://forums.ngemu.com/cxbx-official-forum/88209-helping-cxbx-dummies.html

Now anyone can help:

Helping Cxbx for dummies (Blueshogun)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a little helpful guide that I came up with for those who wish to help Cxbx project, but don't know about programming (and no, I'm not calling non-programmers dummies).

1. Reporting missing kernel functions: These are easy to find, implementing them is the hard part, but don't worry about that. Whenever you try to emulate a game that crashes (i.e. gives you the "Recieved exception" message), look at hexadecimal number to the right, if it's a hex number between 0x00000001 and 0x0000016E, then that means the crash is caused by a missing kernel function. If it's anything other than that, forget it. Send me a PM and this hex number if you encounter this. I've added a small handful of missing kernel functions already and they are working great. There's an example image below with the important number underlined in red.
http://forums.ngemu.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=136089&d=1176588619

2. Finding rare/unimplemented XDK versions: If any of you have any Xbox XDKs that Cxbx doesn't recognize, pass it along to us (me, Caustik, shadow_tj, etc.) and we can see if we can get it working. Examples of rare xdks include 3944, 4400, 4721, 4831, 5028, 5233, 5455, 5788, and 5933. There are more, but thats all that I can think of at the top of my head. To check to see what XDK version your game is using with a trace build of Cxbx, go to View->Debug Output (Kernel)->Console and enable logging through the console. The first thing you should see is Cxbx locating Xbox APIs by their XDK versions. Look where it says "Locating HLE Information for xxxx...", if it says "Skipped" after each one, that means that XDK is unsupported. If you have that XDK or know where to get it, let us know.

Well, thats all of the really useful things I can think of for now. Wanna help? Now you know how!

blueshogun96

The Old Kid
Just remember, it's easier to find a needle in a haystack than finding an emu programmer (especially in Delphi) willing to work on an Xbox emulator. Quite frankly, that needle might not even exist.

Nemesis_Stars

There's only ONE reason why there isn't any Xbox emu and other emus like that and that is "YOU'RE MAKING A MOUNTAIN OUT OF A MOLEHILL".

You know what Shogun! I think finding a programmer in a haystack is easier than finding a needle in a haystack. isn't it ?:happy:

at the end we conclude that there wouln't be any Xbox360, Xbox760, Xbox 1200 because MRS. MICROSOFT makes all of its games either for PC or console. The only emulator is gonna be made for future is PS2, PS3, PS 360 and so on because of its popularity. Is that right ?

I know finding a needle in a huge heap of haystack is difficult but please let me find the needle to put an end on this riddle. doen't even matter how long it's gonna take.

It's better than nothing,right?
Oh, BTW. if you cannot do something about it at least avoid writing dissapointing sentences please. ok ? :eek: coze it distorts the atmospher for those who wanna do sth. thanks for your comments anyhow.;)

Edit: btw, are u that blushogun from NGEMU ? I couldn't blieve that you would have said such things. aren't u yourself helping with this project ?

I'm sure Shadow will make it ASAP.
take a look at this news.

http://forums.ngemu.com/cxbx-official-discussion/86697-who-wanne-help-cxbx-delphi-port-5.html

Last edited: