Compressing the ROM, then Burning it to a CD?

This is a really n00b question but, is it possible to compress a .cdi to a .iso and burn it to a CD and have it work on the DreamCast? Cause The Rom I want wont fit onto the CDs I have by a like 20MB and if I were to compress, it would fit. So, yeah, would that work?

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
A .cdi is a DiscJuggler image. If a game is 720MB, as you say, the chances are good that the game will fit nicely on a 700MB CD (images are generally a bit larger than the data they write).
Just Google and download DiscJuggler. Then open the .cdi with it and you can burn 99% of the images with it on a 700MB CD.
Good luck :)

Well, Not 720 Exactly, its actually more like 784MB. Its Sonic Adventure 2, which is the biggest ISO I've ever downloaded (It actually may be the biggest file). And I wasn't sure if it would fit or not which is why I asked (though I should have clarified better). You think DiscJuggler would fit a 784MB rom to a 703MB disk?

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Just download and install DiscJuggler and try it. It will tell you whether it fits or not, so you won't even waste a CD :)

montpics

Unless you find a 99mins of CD-R which might solve your problem.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Well, It didn't work. It said 'Disk Full' and I couldn't burn it. So would compressing it into an .iso and Burning it with Nero work?

No. The DC can only read discs that are burned in the 'DreamCast format'. As montpics said, I would suggest getting larger CDs. This will be the only solution (or you could get another image, which has been downgraded in some way).

Jale

The better solution is to get a downgraded version of the game so it can fit on the CD-ROM you're trying to burn.