Another PSP Question

GravityDs

I was thinking earlier about this. I can download game demos off of the PSP website and have it run right? right. So, I downloaded Syphon Filter today and it downloads the eboot file and some other nonsense, basically it's a game that's running without an UMD. Is it possible, to put a PSP game on a memory stick and play it like the way demos play off it? It doesn't seem at all impossible. If they are doing it, then it's 100% possible we could do the same. I know you would probably need a 4 gig stick or more, or even multiple memory sticks but if a demo can be booted from the PSP then a full game can as far as I can see. Now I've read that the PSP can't play a game from an ISO but the files required to run the game are inside the ISO right? so what if you unpacked th ISO and put all the files as they are on the PSP? could it run then? and if it does and you don't want a long list of files on the Mem stick then maybe someone could figure out how they package demos to run off the Mem stick that way we can play full games off the mem stick. man I feel like dennis miller going off on a rant here. Well, just a thought.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
The psp can run ripped games off the memory stick. The first method of running ripped games involved run a program called UMD emulator (There were others like Fastloader and Run UMD) which basically tricked the psp into loading the game from the memory stick instead of the umd drive.

UMD emulator is its self an unsigned EBOOT so it can only run on firmware 1.5 since firmware 1.5 didnt have any security preventing homebrew.

UMD emulator and other virtual umd drive software for the psp is considered obsolete. Dark_Alex's Custom Firmware and Booster's Devhook allow you to run PSP games that have been ripped to run off the memory stick that require newer firmware revisions.