Emulation Issues

ben111g

Hi, im new to this and have a few questions. if i have .bin & .cue files, how do i play them together in ePSXe. also is it possible to turn the .bin & .cue files into an .iso file?

mhl12

bin files are images as well. Just run choose run ISO through the menu.

ben111g

Yeah, that does work, but for some things there is no sound. which i heard thats what the .cue file was for. Thats why i was wondering if there is a way of joining them together to make one super do everything file.

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
If you have problem with ePSXe, then use the guides or search use search, but if the neither fixes the sound issue, then it's your Image file, as for converting, i use Alcohol 120% or Alcohol 52%, both make perfect convertions.

(It doesn't matter about .Cue if you convert it and .BIN into an ISO, an ISO has all the data in it, it is the only file i think which doesn't need to be mounted therefor only needs the data, nothing else, so there you go, a super do everything file)

Last edited:

ben111g

I see, what if i did'nt have the origional CD anymore. could i convert the bin & cue files from my computer not a CD. Thanks for helping me so far. sorry if im being stupid.

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
Yeah, use Alcohol 120% or Alcohol 52%, your not being stupid lol, there was a time when everyone on here didn't know anything of what they know now.

ben111g

Hello, i have installed alcohol 52%, now i need some inspiration. I cant mount bin files in to the image maker bit. so how do i convert them to iso? If someone has some step by step guides for dummys that would be very helpfull. I have searched elsewhere.

mhl12

alcohol does not support image conversions. Bin and Cue files should be able to directly run in epsxe. If they don't you probably have a faughty image file.

You can always mount them onto a virtual drive play from the cd and see if that works. Alcohol should be able to do that but I prefer daemon tools since it's a lot easier to use: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/announcements.php

darkcloud

Want to play FF8 , but monitor is black :(

hello ...:)
i have a problem, i have 2 emu's of Psx (ePSXe,PSXeven) the newest versions.And i want to play Final Fantasy 8 on my PC.
1024 mb DDR
ATI x700i
2.0 Ghz / AMD Turion 64....:happy:
i have downloadet Bios , plugins.....
and i have it configured too,
But if i "RUN THE CD" ..the monitor is black..

can somebody help me and say what for emu i must download and what for plugins?! sorry if i have mistakes i can't very good english !:biglaugh:

Thank you ;)

ps: i have the original final fantasy 8 game , and not the platinum...:D