I don't get it...

Damien_9607

Mmkay, so, in your rules, it says you can't ask for illegal content, blah blah blah, including ROMs... Doesn't that completely defy the point of the site? Aren't emulators and such illegal? I was being sort of a drifter, noticed your site and decided to check it out... I've been meaning to find a Resident Evil 2 Emulator for Playstation, since my Gamecube version doesn't have the dead hunter in one of the rooms... Yeah, I like to hunt for Easter eggs...

Oh, forgot to mention. I read your rules. Yes, I know, don't ask for ROMs. I wasn't if I made it seem that way. I was just trying to tell you how I ended up over here...

Last edited:

Jale

Emulators aren't illegal. ROMs are. The day emulators are illegal, then this site will be closed. Is that clear enough for you?

Damien_9607

I guess, but aren't emulators only designed to play ROMs?

Jale

Yes, but there's no law that states emulators are illegal. ROMs are copyrighted property and that's why it's illegal to share, but emulators aren't, except commercial emulators like Magic Engine (PC-Engine/Turbographx).

Damien_9607

Uh... Al....right? So, you have a site for a program that's legal, designed for legal things? Oxy-moronic... Mmkay, well, Uh... I'm going to lose sleep tonight trying to understand the logic... I'm probably just an idiot... By the way. Love your avatar... I get this strange feeling to stare at it for the next forty-five minutes...

Jale

Ugh, don't overuse your brain. It's like an iPod. If MP3 and music ripping are illegal then why are iPods for?

Damien_9607

I think it's worse when I see people walking around with Limewire T-Shirts. That's like walking up to a cop and saying, "Hey dude. I illegally download music and programs. But Limewire is legal, so you have no proof of me breaking the law. Bite me." Atleast you can put your CDs into an Ipod...

Jale

Ah, nevermind. You're sinking into a glass of water anyway. Just get an emulator and some ROMs and enjoy.

Damien_9607

Meh, I did a three hour search last night. Couldn't find it. All I found was "RE2 for N64" and when I downloaded it. I got just gibberish. And now my computer is acting funky. Probably some kind of virus... Ironically, my virus deleter thingy went out of date two weeks ago. Which means I can't fix the problem... Someone hates me...

I doubt there's such a thing as a Resident Evil 2 ROM. Nor RE3, which would be nice since I can't get into one of the scenes on my CD, because the disk is all scratched up. It keeps freezing after Brad dies... But you've probably never played the game, so that last sentence was probably kinda pointless..

Last edited:

Damien_9607

Ha, that'd be nice. Too bad when I tried it gave me this weird error message. My uncle, who's some computer smart guy... Works for some firewall company... Well anyways, he's gonna fix my computer... Eventually...

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
I doubt there's such a thing as a Resident Evil 2 ROM. Nor RE3, which would be nice since I can't get into one of the scenes on my CD, because the disk is all scratched up. It keeps freezing after Brad dies... But you've probably never played the game, so that last sentence was probably kinda pointless..

The ROMs for RE2 (N64) are available. RE3 is probably on the PSX, that would be an ISO ;)

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
Sony, Nintendo etc. likes to think emulators such as the ones that can be found on this site are illegal, but any lawsuit they put up agains emulator makers has failed so far. And these days they're building emulators themselves: Virtual Console games on the Wii are emulated, so are PSX games on the PSP.

The games themselves are copyrighted, so this site would get shut down sooner or later if we offered them for download. To be on the safe side we don't allow links to ROM sites either. But it's fairly easy to find what you want using P2P like BitTorrent.

Anyway... ROMs are for cartridge based systems such as the NES or Gameboy. The Playstation uses CDs, so you need to look for ISOs rather than ROMs.

I have had no trouble finding links to Resident Evil 2 using the search term "resident evil psx" in both eMule ( www.emule-project.net ) and IsoHunt (BitTorrent index).