pSX Linux released!

spotanjo3

psX Linux WIP build

I have uploaded a linux WIP build:

http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/pSX_wip.tar.bz2

You will need linux kernel >=2.6, GTK+-2.0, OpenGL, ALSA and perhaps some other things I have forgotten.

Please note that this is not finished although most stuff is working except the CDZ conversion dialog and some of the error message dialogs.

I would be interested to hear if anyone is able to run it and whether or not you have any problems

This is my first ever Linux app so please be kind.

http://psxemulator.proboards54.com/...70069898&page=1

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Great news!, I ll let you know.

mhl12

Check if it's in the synaptic package manager repositories. If not, they have you go to the website and download it. Check for binaries since they easier. Binaries are just like .exe and you have to double click them. Their extensions are .deb.

If not, they have then you have to download and compile the source files. That's a bit more complicated and involved using the terminal. Usually, they're zipped (tar.bz2) but install directions are included.

Solis

thanks for the info mhl12 but, i got it to work. The Display looks good
but it crashes when you go to game graphics. Mhl12 do you why epsxe runs
slow or Refreshes the screen slow on ubuntu or linux?

mhl12

i have not tried any ps1 emulator in linux yet. It could be a problem with the graphics plugin. Which one are you using and what are your computer specs?

Solis

I'm using petes soft 1.17

with autodetect Fps on
Frame Limit on
Dithering on
Res @ 1024*768 Fullscreen And Windowed
Scan lines off
but i don't think its the plugins. What it looks like is the screen pages to the next frame. I don't know if that helps. And thanks for the advice.

mhl12

ok that should work. What game are you trying to play? Either way, try playing around with some other plugins and see if there's any difference.