Mame v.106

Status
Not open for further replies.

urbecrisch

Anyone have a direct link to download version 106? I've been trying to check websites but Ican't seem to find a direct link. Thanks.

cb

cibomatto2002

Windows 10

urbecrisch

What's the best mame version out now? I have 106 cause I'm building a cabinet and my friend gave me 4 dvd with roms and I get more from version 106 than v.111

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
What's the best mame version out now? I have 106 cause I'm building a cabinet and my friend gave me 4 dvd with roms and I get more from version 106 than v.111

It's better to update to the latest MAME and get the updated ROMs. MAME is constantly changing and bugfixes are also made every version.

urbecrisch

Damn! I'm such a NOOB! I have no idea how to do all of this! I wish there was a phone hotline I could call for some support LOL! Anyway, what Frontend are u running?

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Some steps for you to get started with MAME:

1. Get an emulator with a frontend that uses the standard ROMset, such as MAME32FX and install it.
2. Copy your ROMs to the ROM folder and copy the samples to the sample folder.
3. Download and install clrmame.
4. Use one of the tutorials from the clrmame site or wait for me to post one tomorrow ;)
5. Scan your ROMs and samples with clrmame.
6. You can now play the games that you have. If you want them all...
7. Google for a MAME torrent site. At the PD tracker (no asking for links, please), you can join a torrent with the ROMs you already have, so that you don't have to download all of them again.
8. If you want to keep them up-to-date now, you just have to join the updated torrent after you scanned your ROMs with clrmame.

If you have any more questions, just ask :)

urbecrisch

Wow! this is soo much to take in right now! Can the emulator mame32fx support mame v106 roms? I'm using mame v106 cause I have all the v106 roms. does this make sense?

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
When you just want to have 0.106 and don't want to update, leave it that way.
You can use the one posted here, since it will be pretty hard to find the 0.106 version of MAME32FX.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Variant Mame builds still follow the core source code so if Commandline Mame updates to 0.111 then most variant builds like Mame32FX will update to 0.111. Bear in mind you don't have to update with every new version, it just means theres more work to do when you do update. I tend to update mine every 3 months or so, or when there are major changes that improve things.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
When you have the full MAME ROMset and Usenet access (or a good BitTorrent site), it's very easy to keep MAME updated with every release.
It's just a matter of preference ;)

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
You can get any build of Mame32 from HERE.

If you are running on a cab I would recommend steering away from Mame32 which is designed for use from a Windows style interface and go with a dedicated front-end for Commandline Mame like Mamewah or GameEx. Both look far prettier than Mame32, have lots of different skins and can be easily navigated with arcade controls and support things like sound effects and background music while browsing. They also allow you to completely hide Windows so your cab boots straight to the FE and shuts down directly from it too.

There's a quicktime vid of my old Mame cab running mamewah here. Its 40Mb and was taken on a digital camera so the quality isn't amazing but it does show off some of the features. Right click and save as. http://www.bleat.org.uk/mamecab/100_0020.mov

Last edited:

BigRed25

Hey guys, Im really late to the party on this but I was hoping you guys could still help. Im looking for .106 Rom set. I need this because Im planning on running Advanced Mame 1.4 with a Lightgun on my retropie. The only luck Ive had so far with a light gun is Advanced Mame 1.4 and Romset 106. Does anyone have a direct download or a link that can point me in the right direction? The one from 2007 doesn't work anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.