Help with Chankast and .cdi files

JanitorNed

Hi I'm new to this emulator stuff. I just grabbed Chankast from the site here and the game I'm trying to play is in .cdi format.

I have no idea how to play this game and would really appreciate it if you guys could give me a hand.

EDIT: Oh and here's the exact file name if it'll help:

[DC] Spawn In The Demon's Hands (US) (CDI - Selfboot) Echelon - RssV.cdi

Last edited:

HybridShadow

I have had trouble with CDI files, I tried using Alcohol 120% to mount it and that wouldn't work. I tried to burn it to disc and that wouldn't work.

It kept taking me to the CD Player screen.

I tried other CD plugins aswell.

Has anyone else had trouble with this, help would be appreciated by both of us.

HybridShadow

I think it is quite simple.

First he mentions he has not tried image files before, thus nothing to eleborate on due to inexperience in that area.

Then he mentions a program to burn the CDI file so you can then use.

Download the Dicjuggler program at http://www.padus.com/ then install that program by running the downloaded file, run the program and follow the instruction to burn the .CDI image file to a recordable compact disc.

I hope that helps you, it helped me.

Last edited:

JanitorNed

I tried mounting it with daemon tools but when I do, I get a windows pop up menu asking me to select a function to perform whenever the "CD" that I'm inserting is inserted.

Also when I try mounting it with daemon tools, and try running with Chankast (I assume I hit Run > Start). It gives me an error saying "Cannot read TOC from i: drive". (i: drive is my virtual drive)

And I can't burn it because my CDs only hold 700mb while the file is around 777mb.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
I checked out this release and Echelon should have released a version with downgraded FMVs. If they would have done that, it should fit on a normal CD-ROM.
Perhaps you can try downloading this from somewhere else, so that you can find the correct one.

JanitorNed

That's difficult. Every one I find is the same size. Somewhere around 400mb, as was the one I have untill I extracted it from the RAR. Or was I not supposed to do that?

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
That's difficult. Every one I find is the same size. Somewhere around 400mb, as was the one I have untill I extracted it from the RAR. Or was I not supposed to do that?

You were supposed to extract it, so no problem here. Sorry, I'm also out of ideas now :eek:

JanitorNed

Well what the hell? This is no good.
I have the game but it's too big to burn and apparently the only way I can play a .cdi is to burn it?

wonderful.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
I will try getting a good version of the game myself. It will take some time, but perhaps this will work.