Marvel vs Capcom 2: Accurate Mix Help.

sonicboom510

I recently got a hold of Marvel vs Capcom 2: Accurate Mix for the Sega Dreamcast. Now, I have been having problems trying to boot the game up. I have all the files needed for Chankast, such as dc_flash and dc_bios. I mount the .cdi image using Alcohol 120. I then, try to run the game using Chankast. I just get an I/O error. I'm was not sure if this was an self-boot game, so I got a hold on the Utopia Cd loader ver 1.1. After mounting the image, chankast shows the Reinder (because of the loader) and asks me to insert a disk. So I unmount Utopia from Alchol's virtual drive, then load on the Accurate Mix's cdi. Again, the reindeer did not change nor did the game. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
sonicboom510

joecarrer70

The answer is very simple. Some CDI files can't be mounted using a virtual drive for some reason. What you need to do is burn the CDI image to CD-RW. I suggest you use alcohol 120%.

It should work.

If you want to mount the CDI file to a virtual drive just make an image of the file that you burned to the CD-RW.

I suggest using alcohol 120% to create the image, daemon tools to mount the image file and the creation of a mds image file.

AlkaiserNeo

It can't be burned to any CD because it's about 752 MB. I'm having the same problem with it as sonicboom510.

I tried another MvsC2 CDI (243 MB). It plays fine but the music plays ULTRA fast... I can't figure out how to fix it..

EDIT:

Tried several different versions of chankast... The sound effects and music play ultra fast even in the system bios (the game has nothing to do with it!!!!!!!!!!!!).

My PC specs are:

Windows Vista Ultimate
Intel Pentium D 6.82 GHz
1 GB Ram
ATI Radeon X1300 Series
Sound Blaster Audigy SE

PLEASE HELP MEEEE!!!

Last edited: