Basic question about emulators and games

CoryD

Hello.

I'm interested in playing Wonderboy 2: monsterland and WB 3: Dragon's trap (and a few other obscure titles, Alex kid, and some others I can't remember right now) for the 1985+ sega master system.

I was able to find an emulator for the sega master system of couse, but it's not exactly clear how I'm supposed to know what games are available and how I'm supposed to access them.

Basically, what I am getting at is: I would like to know if the games are availabe before I download the emulator.

I've done some searches and havent really found what appears to be a place to download games for this oldschool system.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Cory

mhl12

if they are commercial games then we cannot help you find there. Please read the rules: http://forums.emulator-zone.com/rules.php

1. Do not ask for, offer or supply materials that are considered illegal
We do not permit discussions about getting any illegal materials, such as Ripped Music CDs(MP3 etc), Ripped Movies(Divx etc), ROMs, ISOs or Warez. Threads which break this rule will be either closed or simply deleted and the thread creator will be dealt with accordingly.

CoryD

Ok, thank you for the reply. However I have one more question.

What is the point in providing emulators for commercial systems when people arent free to play commercial games for those very systems?

What am I supposed to do with a 'sega master system' emulator, or an NES emulator, SNES, genesis, etc?

Please pardon my lack of education in this subject. Any further help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Cory

mhl12

emulators were never meant to substitute the real console. They were originally made just as a hobby and to play homebrew games. But there are devices out there that rips the rom files from older gaming systems. And you can play ps1 games through the cd drive.

The main thing that drives comercial games for emulators these days is piracy which the emulator zone does not condone.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
@mhl12: I'm sorry, but 99% of the emulators are made with commercial ROMs in mind.
It's the same as the devs of LimeWire saying their program is meant for sharing photo's and PD music. Who believes that?

@CoryD: If you download the datfile for the Sega Master System here, you can open the datfile with Notepad or some other text-editing program to see which ROMs have been dumped for the system. All of these are available somewhere ;)

Jale

Ok, thank you for the reply. However I have one more question.

What is the point in providing emulators for commercial systems when people arent free to play commercial games for those very systems?

What am I supposed to do with a 'sega master system' emulator, or an NES emulator, SNES, genesis, etc?

Please pardon my lack of education in this subject. Any further help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Cory
Please don't push it any further. Asking for ROMs is illegal and that's all.