PDA

View Full Version : Found Dracula X for PS1: Anyone tried it yet?

mapzilla
June 1st, 2004, 17:24
I believe I have located a rom set for the Jap import of SOTN called Dracula X: Nocturne in the Moonlight. The file is over 300 mb in size. Being a die hard Castlevania fan, I have been working diligently to get the PCEngine Dracula X to work on my pc (slow painful progress). So much time and effort wasted on a game that doesn't work is frustrating. Not to mention unnessary stress put on my expensive pc. :(

I do not want to go thru the same frustration I have gone thru with the PCEngine fiasco. Has anyone attempted to download and play the afforementioned Dracula X: NITM on their PS emulator?

If so,

1) How does it run?

2) Which emulator is best?

3) Virtual drive or burn a CD?

:) Any feedback (advice, questions, warstories) regarding this topic is appreciated.

onewecallgod
June 1st, 2004, 18:57
use a virtual drive just becuase theyre easier to use

belmont
June 1st, 2004, 21:36
Have you tried ΜΑGIC ENGINE http://www.magicengine.com/ ?
Although I haven't tried it myself a frien of mine has got ot to work.

mapzilla
June 2nd, 2004, 14:19
:rolleyes:
I got Magic Engine to work for me last night. PCEngine Dracula X sounds and plays greats! I actually used to think Dracula X for SNES was a decent game. What a garbage port!

More interesting to me is the Dracula X PS1 torrent I found recently. It's US import,SOTN, is a work of legendary statis. Would like to get some feedback on how well it works before I commit resources and time to download. Any volunteers?

Lefteris_D
June 2nd, 2004, 16:19
Playstation emulation is almost perfect nowdays. As long as you have a fast PC you wont have any problems.

I say go for it.

belmont
June 2nd, 2004, 21:57
It works perfectly!
Download it!
You shouldn't miss one of the best games ever made (and one of my favourite ones)

Afterburn
June 15th, 2004, 03:24
works like a charm, here is a screenshot of the game with my crappy ass comp.

HP Pavilion 600MHz
Vid Card: 4MB
RAM: 256MB

http://www.ffspira.com/draculax.gif

mapzilla
June 23rd, 2004, 15:44
After successfully downloading GBA torrents (approx. 9 MB) in less than 10 minutes, I tried the Dracula X torrent and the program (Bittorrent?) shot back a download time of 79 HOURS AT A RATE OF 1 KB !!!

How long did you wait for your download of Dracula X?

Lefteris_D
June 23rd, 2004, 17:05
When it comes to BitTorrent all depends on how many people leech and seed the file. If there are enough people you will have a good speed.