Raine 0.40.2 Released!

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Here are the changes in version 0.40.2:
  • I fixed the rotation keys for "forgotten worlds" and "downtown". Now you have the keys "Button n Left" and "Button n Right" to handle the rotation when the other keys are used for the movement. Now these 2 games are playable again, but not easy at all ! The mouse can be used instead of these 2 keys for player 1.
  • While doing this, I discovered that the custom keys were totally broken, it was impossible to define custom keys for a game because they were overwriten by the default keys. This bug is clearly very old, proof that nobody used this feature for quite a while... (it's called dead code !)
  • Then I added "Caliber 50", another 68000/6502 game from seta which uses these keys to rotate while you move with the other keys.
  • Then I added other 6502 games to test our new 6502 emulator : "Thundercade" and "Arbalester". Thundercade is not a very interesting game, but it trigered a bug in the 6502 emulator and showed that it was still missing some operands. All fixed now.
  • Then I started to add a few other seta games (thanks to mame for all the details of the emulation) : "Zombie Raid" (you definetely need to try this one!) - I fixed the raine crosshair to work in any color depth to work in this game, then "Daioh" (finally some serious competition for Dodonpachi !!! ;-), "Dragon Unit", "Mobile Suit Gundam", "SD Gundam Neo Battling", "Strike Gunner S.T.G", "Ultraman Club" (which seems related to the cps1 game megaman), "Wiggie Waggie".
You can get it from here.