ePSXe suddenly not working

Tikker

I've been playing with ePSXe for about a week now. Everything was working perfectly on my laptop (core 2 duo, 2ghz, 2gb ram, nvidia 7900gs) until tonight

i saved ff9, decided to crank the resolution down (normally run at 1900x1200) to see if it would make the game look a bit better. suddenly i'm missing some video config

go into the wizard, and it no longer detects that I have a psx bios in the bios folder (altho it's there)

if I use delta, it doesn't detect a GPU plugin (altho there's 2 different ones in the plugin folder)

quickly set the resolution back to normal, and still can't get anything to work

any ideas?

ouch123

That Guy Nobody Knows...
Uh...that seems a bit too general, perhaps you could provide us with the exact error message, and then perhaps the configuration of your video plugin?

ouch123

That Guy Nobody Knows...
Oh, and as for the bios thing, it will just read Bios, but you will have to put in the actual directory
(i.e: C:/Documents and Settings/Username/Desktop/ePSXe/Bios)

Tikker

the bios file is in the correct folder

the gpu plugins are in the correct folder

Let me try this again

I open up ePSXe like normal, click on File > Run ISO

it responds with an error message:
ePSXe is NOT completely configurated go to config > video to configure it

go to config > video and now there are no gpu plugins listed (even tho there are 2 in the actual folder)

If I run config > Wizard it no longer detects that I have a Bios, even tho there's a correct one there

montpics

Try to delete the ePSXe folder (keep the memcard and savestate folder) and install it again.

Tikker

Yeah I'd done that 3 times

Apparently the key to getting it working again was to reboot 37 times, stand on my left foot while blinking my right eye, eating the inside of a Reese Peanut butter cup without touching the chocolate!

I have no idea why it started working again.

I deleted the entire folder 3 times, reinstalled 3 times, and after giving up and shutting off the machine for the night, it miraculously worked the next day

thepiglet

Just for future referance , if any one else has a similiar prob and wants to re-install you have to delete the registry entries under 'PSEmupro' in the ole registry to obtain a 'clean' uninstall. I had a prob that required this to fix.