What is BIOS??

theplaysource

Every time I run a ps2 emulator it says "error loading bios" or something.. Does anyone know how I can fix this?:confused:

I didn't download the game, I actually bought it but my ps2 isn't working and it will take a few months to fix. So I am using a game I have bought, could this be the reason?

Last edited:

Jale

BIOS stands for Basic Input / Output System. A BIOS normally prepares the system to use the input and output devices such as controllers and CD / DVD-ROM drives.

Unfortunately, there's no PlayStation 2 emulator that runs at a playable speed, unless you have a very powerful computer with dual-core processors and 2 GB of RAM. Also, downloading a BIOS is illegal since it's copyrighted by Sony, so you can't ask here where to get it.

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
BIOS, in computing, stands for Basic Input/Output System also incorrectly known as Basic Integrated Operating System. BIOS refers to the software code run by a computer when first powered on. The primary function of the BIOS is to prepare the machine so other software programs stored on various media (such as hard drives, floppies, and CDs) can load, execute, and assume control of the computer. This process is known as booting up.

BIOS can also be said to be a coded program embedded on a chip that recognises and controls various devices that make up the computer. The term BIOS is specific to personal computer vendors. Among other classes of computers, the generic terms boot monitor, boot loader or boot ROM are commonly used.

The term first appeared in the CP/M operating system, describing the part of CP/M loaded during boot time that interfaced directly with the hardware (CP/M machines usually had a simple boot loader in ROM, and nothing else). Most versions of DOS have a file called "IBMBIO.COM" or "IO.SYS" that is analogous to the CP/M disk BIOS.

spotanjo3

Rockman: Power Battle Figthers is FULLY PLAYABLE on this sweet latest ps2 emulator...PCS2 0.9.2 R2 ROCKS!!!!!

Same for castlevania and other things...Oh yeah, Klonoa 2 is fully playable but a little slow and you are able to finish this game, heh heh heh!