How to play Roms on my PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ-VGamer

DJ-VGamer
I want to know how to play roms on My PSP, My version is 2.81, I want Knuckles Choatix on it so I Know I will need the Fusion Emulator

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Currently only firmware versions 1.00 - 2.80 can run homebrew (Emulators etc) or be downgraded depending on what motherboard your PSP has.

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
Before Sony saw the 2.50/2.60 downgrader they made a new motherboard for the PSP called TA-082 which, when downgrading below firmware 2.50 is tried will get a corrupt firmware and the PSP will become un-bootable (bricked)

The makers of Undiluted Platinum have just sent us a little bit of info which makes it easy to determine whether you have an unsupported TA-082 motherboard inside your PSP. Simply open your UMD drive and take a close look at the area indicated in the picture below. If it says "IC1003" in there, you have one of the dreaded TA-082 PSP's and will have to sit out on this round of modchips.

Last edited:

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
Fair enough, i've heard Sony is making a new motherboard, so i guess this is why

There is still a chance of bricking it though lol, if i had one of those PSPs i wouldn't dare lol knowing me i would brick it hehe

Last edited:

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
The way i see it, the black PSP's can't have the motherboard right?, if so you could sell the PSP and buy an old black one, if you don't wanna risk bricking your PSP

Last edited:

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Damn it says 1c1003 too, F%#$:mad: ,Does this mean I can do nothing.:(

For now there is litte you can do. Since your on 2.81 i recommend you dont upgrade unless you buy a game you really want that requires a firmware upgrade. The next plan of attack for the hackers are to crack newer firmwares more than likely 3.03.

As i understand it, the 2.80 downgrader uses two exploits. The first is a user mode exploit that tricks a kernel mode exploit which inturn runs a program that reflashes the PSPs NAND chip. The same kernel mode exploit is rumoured to exist in all firmware versions up to 3.03 but theres no way of launching it because the user mode exploit was patched in 2.80.

If 2.81 or newer firmwares acracked itll be frontpage news on http://pspupdates.qj.net/

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
i have the latest version 3.3 i think it is and i dont got all of that stuff on my UMD drive but can i still downgrade it?

Only up to firmware 2.80 can be downgraded. Anything above (2.81, 3.00, 3.01, 3.02 and 3.03) cannot be downgraded. People are working on it.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Mine says nothing where its supposed to tell you what motherbord it is any help finding out what it is

Check your psp against this image

If it doesnt have the "IC1003" in the top right corner and its firmware 2.71 then use this downgrader.

If it does have the "IC1003" and is firmware 2.71 then use this downgrader.

Remember always read the README's, downgraders can and have bricked PSPs.

There is a 2.80 downgrader for NON "IC1003" PSPs, i haven't put the link up because alot of people have bricked using it, while other people have been successful. If you've got a NON "IC1003" PSP then i would wait for a stable downgrader to be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.