• Welcome to the Submitted Content Forum. You may use this part of the message board to submit content for reviewing before it is posted at the main site.
    • Acceptable Material
      If it is a review it has to be one of a game or emulator.
      If it is a guide/manual it has to do with emulation(how to use an emulator etc), not a game.
      New releases - Keep in mind that we check other sites regularly for those ourselves.
    • Necessary Requirements
      You may not copy content written by another person and claim it as your own. Any material found to be breaking that requirement will be removed.
    • Images
      You may use as may images as you like. At first you will have to host them to one of the many free image hosting services available. Once your material is officially posted we will copy them on the server.

How I made ZSNES faster

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
What I found out was to set you Monitor to 60 Hertz it will speed it up just like the real SNES.

Jale

Heh, that doesn't make it faster, but smoother. To make it on every DirectX games, just go to Start --> Run, Then type "dxdiag" and click on the "More help" tab, then click "Override" and put 60.

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
Sorry that was what I meant smoother.

Also thanks for the dxdiag that works great. It should be in the ZSNES Documents.

Last edited:

Jale

I don't see that necessary. You see, a CRT monitor at 60 Hz blinks 60 times per seconds. 60 blinks with 60 frames per second (FPS) results in a smooth playback/motion/animation. That means, to make PAL games run smoother, you need to set the monitor to 50 Hz instead of 60 Hz or force it to boot as NTSC as well. Got it?

NTSC: 60 FPS --> 60 Hz.
PAL: 50 FPS --> 50 Hz.

This FPS --> Hz method can be applied with Half-Life games. By default, the frame rate for Half-Life is 74 FPS and for Half-Life 2 is 300 FPS. But if we change the frame rate through the console with the "fps_max" command to 60 according with the refresh rate of your monitor, we can make the game very smooth and comfortable.

If you have Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Half-Life 2 or any Half-Life mod, try it!

Did I mention the PlayStation 3 can process up to 120 FPS for HDTVs?

Last edited: