searching for an old pirate game

bob_sor

Hi everyone,

I am truly desperate. I am searching for an old pirate game I was around year 1996-1997. I do not exactly know release year.
Anyone who can help me with the title I would really appreciate it.

From what I recall playing that game:
Games settings where in the Carribean, player started with the Hero in one of the english towns in the S of the the Carribeans. Character got a few missions from the english Governor and got in love of the governor daugther, so prety linear game play in the begging till a mission that sinked the character ship no matter what you will do. From there the story picks up as you where rescued and you could start playing indepently as a privateer and you had the choice to pick up with the story thread. The nice thing is that was the first game that got close to Sea Dogs 1. You would steer you own ship and give orders to the other to follow and you had to fire you own ship prety much like in Sea Dogs. Enemy forts were a nightmare if you were unable to maneuver, forts could be destroyed. Ammo available was round, chain and anti personel shots. If your ship sunk you would find yourself in a boat and you could row to another ship from the fleet to take control. When conquering a city you could not change the governor but you could plunder the city by visiting all merchants and buy at zero price. The cool thing is that you could plunder enemy ships and sail them no matter if you had a tiny ship and you would conquer a battleship. You could not have more than 8 ships in the fleet and you could gain those by conquering of by simply buying them. I remember the most precious commodity were jewels you could pick up from the spanish port from the mainland by raiding or from Tortuga. Game story thread end when you catch the evil character that kidnapped your character girl. The villain is the spanish captain of the flag ship that leads the spanish treasure fleet of the port of Havana.
Can anyone help me with the full title of the game or at least with a hint?
Thank you.

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
All pirate game I can remeber from that era was Cutthroats...? But I dont think it goes like that

bob_sor

Thanks for you post Epsi, I know Cutthroats, that was not the game as I do know and played that game. Even so that game did not have the 1st person view when you directed all cannon fire and stuff that really gives you the thrils.

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
Hey bob every tryed 'Sid Meier's Piretes!'? Its a new game... But its sounds just like what your looking for

SPD FRK

Hey bob every tried 'Sid Meier's Pirates!'? Its a new game...

Actually Sid Meier's Pirates has been around for awhile. I played it first on C64 in the mid 80's.
Tried for a scrnsht but VICE is acting up on me right now.

I definitely agree the latest offering is worth a look. I've been through it a couple times now.

Veritas

the game would be called Pirates Gold from the Sega Genesis i used to play it all the time :) sorry for the late reply..

Peace,
Ver!taS

bob_sor

the game would be called Pirates Gold from the Sega Genesis i used to play it all the time :) sorry for the late reply..

Peace,
Ver!taS

Hi Veritas,
I have look at some screen shots of that game and it way old compared to the game I'm looking for. First of all all the batles are at 3rd person view which is very frustating for me I always prefere 1st person view where I can see my foe first hand and see the hail of cannon shot aimed at my enemy when I shoot a full broad side :D and second the technology is prety old. The annnoying thing is that the game I am looking for does have "pirates" in the name thus making the search for the right work prety cumbersome.
In regards to the other suggestions all of those are new games which to be honest does not match the gameplay of that game I am looking for. My personal opinion is that the only game whose playability comes close is Sea Dogs, which to this days is not matched.;)

montpics

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
What about Age of Pirates? I remember seeing a game like that... but I think it's new(?)

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
I checked it out. Age of Pirates: Carribean Tales, same guys that made Sea Dogs, and Pirates of The Carribean (was going to be called Sea Dogs 2).

Seth_Slax

I was looking for the same game. It goes by the name Sea Legends.
It's almost impossible to find for download, unless you want to pay for a hard-copy (CD-R).

poblo13677

Hi everyone,

I am truly desperate. I am searching for an old pirate game I was around year 1996-1997. I do not exactly know release year.
Anyone who can help me with the title I would really appreciate it.

From what I recall playing that game:
Games settings where in the Carribean, player started with the Hero in one of the english towns in the S of the the Carribeans. Character got a few missions from the english Governor and got in love of the governor daugther, so prety linear game play in the begging till a mission that sinked the character ship no matter what you will do. From there the story picks up as you where rescued and you could start playing indepently as a privateer and you had the choice to pick up with the story thread. The nice thing is that was the first game that got close to Sea Dogs 1. You would steer you own ship and give orders to the other to follow and you had to fire you own ship prety much like in Sea Dogs. Enemy forts were a nightmare if you were unable to maneuver, forts could be destroyed. Ammo available was round, chain and anti personel shots. If your ship sunk you would find yourself in a boat and you could row to another ship from the fleet to take control. When conquering a city you could not change the governor but you could plunder the city by visiting all merchants and buy at zero price. The cool thing is that you could plunder enemy ships and sail them no matter if you had a tiny ship and you would conquer a battleship. You could not have more than 8 ships in the fleet and you could gain those by conquering of by simply buying them. I remember the most precious commodity were jewels you could pick up from the spanish port from the mainland by raiding or from Tortuga. Game story thread end when you catch the evil character that kidnapped your character girl. The villain is the spanish captain of the flag ship that leads the spanish treasure fleet of the port of Havana.
Can anyone help me with the full title of the game or at least with a hint?
Thank you.