Internet speed

Satoshi

Is there a program or something which allows a modem to evenly split the speed of the connection between computers? It would be nice if there is because i would like to download without my bro having a cry over me lagging him when his playing cs.(which stops my mass anime/manga downloads >.>)

i'm using ADSL 256/64 btw

Thanks

Zach

http://www.bandwidthcontroller.com/index.html

You can setup a local filter on your machine to limit your upload speed.

Doing this will let you run P2P but will kill your browsing rate if you let
the p2p eat your new max upload

But to be honest.. It won't help much, if at all.. you need around 5 - 10k for CS to truly run smoothly on broadband, and your max is 8k by the looks of it

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
With a maximum of 6.4k upload speed to share between CS and the p2p it seems that you have a problem... Especially if you are trying to use BT as your source of downloads since it really uses alot of upstream traffic as well.

If you are using BT just close everything else while you download because things will crawl when browsing.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
The splitting can be done directly at the router if the device has support for such a function. If it has nothing like that then you will need to limit the bandwith from the PC.

Edea

I don't understand because I have cable and a router with 2 pcs and a ps2 and there is never no lag between any of them, even if all 3 are going.

Satoshi

I had a look at the site. When i used to play CS on dial up, it had a steady ping of about 250, if you give it like 150 kbps, won't it run at a steady speed of about 100 ping?

Edit: >.> 30 days free trial, have to redownload it every month if it works>.>

Satoshi

can't find a crack>.>

btw, how do i install it? I don't have a host com, i use a router

Edit, gah, it doesn't work on WIndows ME (got wind2k on one, and ME on this one =.=)

Edit again: I was kinda ignoring the other posts... sorry, well, i don't want cable cause they only have like 2 gig download cap here in Australia(i download about 8 gig a month on current connection), and Lefty, i don't think theres a bandwith splitting thing for my router. Could you please explain how to limit it from the machine?(if you know how too =P)