Dreamcast Burning...

Demon Hyo

Zombie
Hi guys. I'm new to the forums. This seems like the right place to post this subject... Anyway, the DC games I have been downloading are .rar files then unzip to cdi files. Which are easy enough to burn and play. But recently I've been getting these unknown files when I download games for example, Sonic Adventure 2 was this folder that had unknown file types "Sonic.Adventure.2.SelfBoot.7z.001" - "Sonic.Adventure.2.SelfBoot.7z.042", and "Sonic.Adventure.2.SelfBoot.sfv". Each file is about 14.3 MB except the .sfv, its only 1.83 KB. Would anyone happen to know how I can burn these files onto a CD and get them to plat on my DC? Alcohol or Discjugg won't even read them. If you can help me out please do! :happy:

Ps. I'm sorry if i broke any posting rules, its my first time :msn_shy: LOL!...

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
The .sfv file is just to check whether all your parts are good. You can use f.e. QuickPar to check this.
Use HJ-Split to join the .001 - .042 files to one .7z file.
Then use 7-zip to extract the contents.
Good luck :)

Demon Hyo

Zombie
Hey thanks a bunch :excl: your advice really helped. Horray for freeware! now all I need is 800 mb cdrs :eek:

Last edited:

Demon Hyo

Zombie
More DC burning issues...

So I downloaded MK Gold folder from a torrent site, it contained these rar files MKG_PAULY.part1 - MKG_PAULY.part5. The only one I'm able to extract to a cdi file is part1. After I burn the cdi file with discjuggler, my DC won't read it (not even with the boot up). :( Can some one explain what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

montpics

Re: More DC burning issues...

Note :
Merged the thread since Demon Hyo still have problems with DC burning issues. :cool:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi

So I downloaded MK Gold folder from a torrent site, it contained these rar files MKG_PAULY.part1 - MKG_PAULY.part5. The only one I'm able to extract to a cdi file is part1. After I burn the cdi file with discjuggler, my DC won't read it (not even with the boot up). :( Can some one explain what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

When you unpack part1, the others will be unpacked automatically. So there is no problem there.
I think the problem is that the disc isn't self-booting. I suggest you try downloading another image that is self-booting or try using this tutorial to make your image self-booting.
Goos luck :)

Demon Hyo

Zombie

After I unpack part1 the others don't unpack automaticly, but thanks. So now I downloaded a new DC game, Spiderman. Its a rar file that unpacks to a mdf and mds file... "SPIDERMAN_ECH.mdf" (770 mb), "SPIDERMAN_ECH.mds" (1.09 kb). I tried burning these with Alcohol 120% but my DC doesn't read the disc. Any advice??

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi

After I unpack part1 the others don't unpack automaticly, but thanks. So now I downloaded a new DC game, Spiderman. Its a rar file that unpacks to a mdf and mds file... "SPIDERMAN_ECH.mdf" (770 mb), "SPIDERMAN_ECH.mds" (1.09 kb). I tried burning these with Alcohol 120% but my DC doesn't read the disc. Any advice??

My idea is that this isn't selfboot. Try using a bootdisc or try downloading only games that contain 'selfboot' within their filename.

but if i download a .cdi file that's the iso so i burn it on daemon tools and the game work? or i need another program to open a .cdi file?

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
That is a DiscJuggler image. You can burn it with that program. I don't know whether the Daemon Tools have support for .cdi images.