me, my self and I ...lol?

thunder_184

The Punisher
Sup guys, I join in octobre but never introduced my self.

I am not so noobish anymore (this site helped a lot even tho its not on computer) but I still need loads of help so if u guys know any computer stuff only forums plz tell me, or any site on computering that could teach me more then just the basic (NOT WIKIPEDIA).

and THX in advance:D

oh ya and if anyone of you know a good place too buy
computer onling tell me:)

mhl12

welcome to the forums..

don't underestimate wikipedia. that place saved my butt tons of times. When in doubt, search wikipedia (or google).

thunder_184

The Punisher
still, you start reading (Wikipedia) and then there is a word that you
don't uderstand so there is a link to it. You click it end you find a other
word that has link and that you don't uderstand. You cck again and again
and i never ends.

I'm only 14, I can't read ll that shit.
and worse I'm originaly frensh.

Zach

Don't let your age discourage you. I was 11 or 12 when I built my first computer, and I learned new things from then on up until now.

It is not always necessary to chase down every word you find that you don't understand. Just try reading it without clicking anything, and THEN go back and look at the words you are not familiar with.

Go to your local library and look for computer books you can check out.
To be honest, you really don't know how easy you've got it.. When I was a kid Windows 95 wasn't even out yet.. I thought Windows 3.1 was awesome when I got my hands on it. Those were the good old days, where everything to do with most games was run through DOS, and you had to learn and memorize 50 different command functions and usually didn't have the benefit of a GUI until Windows came along.

These days everything is plug and play, you just stick your card in and not much to worry about. I used to spend hours hunting down COM port and IRQ conflicts that most kids today would run away from. And that was just to get my trackball (optical mice hadn't been invented yet, or they were extremely hard to get if they were around) mouse and sound card and 2400 baud modem to play nice with each other. Ah, I miss the days when there were tons of DIP switches on everything

But if you REALLY want to get into computers, visit Wiki - it has multiple languages, so if you are a native French speaker, look on their french version of the site.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accueil

All that being said, go to http://www.tech-pc.co.uk
I used to write for them myself, and I imagine being in the UK they would know some good resources for any language you may speak. Otherwise, take the opportunity to improve your English by learning about computers, if you like.

Last edited:

thunder_184

The Punisher
yea but its kind of weird cause the names are diffrent so I don't want to sound like a total ass by give the wrong name on forums

yea its pretty easy for us but I really want to learn so just for fun I (try) to do alot of stuff in cmd or run ...but I don't really know the cmd stuff so I learn by srewing up lol
only way to learn is to know what NOT to do ...I gess