Can't run ISO's in ePSXe

AitherionDark

I'm having a bit of a problem, i can't seem to get ISOs to work on it.. i've tried things such as mounting the image on several different types of virtual drives (daemons tools, and Alcohol 120%) still a no go, ive tried converting them to .bin/.cue files.. still nada.. i have done everything i can that ive seen in the different faqs.. if someone could possibly offer me some advice i would much appreciate it. BTW to make the ISO i used UltraISO.. i can directly make .bin/cue files and they work fine, but i wanted to try playing from iso's just in case i wanted to download a game sometime.. oh and yes i did set the Play from CD to the virtual drive that had the image mounted in it.. it just sat there like a treehugger chained to a redwood. didnt do a damn thing lol. so if anyone has any kind of advice it would help me immensely

Graphics plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver2.7
Sound plugin: Eternal SPU 1.50
CDrom plugin: ePSXe WNT/W2K core 1.5.2

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm)XP 3000+ 2.16 GHz
RAM: 1 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 Ultra

Last edited:

Tomtaru

hitokiri battousai
ISOs don"t need to be mounted you can just select "run ISO" and the opening the ISO.
That is what I do and I haven't had a problem yet

AitherionDark

doesnt work for me for some reason is there some special settings i need to configure in UltraISO to make one that works? or is there a better program for making ISOs to save to my harddrive

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
Try ISOproducer it's worked fine with me, all the ISOS i've done have worked perfectly

Kite

How many .iso' have you tried playing on it?

Have you tried creating an .iso from one of your psx discs?

Have you tried out some of the mainstream games (such as FinalFantasy 9)?

Do any errors appear on the console?

AitherionDark

well i think i figured out the problem, for some reason with UltraISO when i tell it to burn in iso format it makes a file but its just considered a UltraISO file instead of image file. whereas i tried making one with alcohol 120% and now the file is listed as an image file and plays fine. i just find it odd that epsxe doesnt play the UltraISO files when they would be considered iso's wouldnt they?

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
They worked for me when i used to use Ultra Iso :confused: i dunno

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Last but not least try ISOBUSTER , because i download a lot of ISOS made with that program and they all work correctly. I download these ISOS from a site and all the guys who upload them tell the way they 've done the ISO and about 90% made them with ISOBUSTER. Hope that helps.