Mario 64x4 exposed!

belmont

Seems that DS is pretty strong!

I 'd like to see Mario 64 on a handheld console even though the original game was not one of my favourites.

I was so angry with the controls that I sold it again.

belmont

I finished the game with all 120 stars and still haven't understood how the cannon is used... :p

There were sometimes that you couldn't see where you jump!

The game kind of sucked compared to other 3d adventures such as Crash and Zelda.

In the real N64 you can't save anywhere :(

Mourgos

I finished the game with all 120 stars and still haven't understood how the cannon is used...

You're kidding right?

There were sometimes that you couldn't see where you jump!

Yeah that was kind annoying,but you could adjust the camera if you were really desperate.

The game kind of sucked compared to other 3d adventures such as Crash and Zelda.

Crash sucked compared to Mario64.I can't even think of comparing Crash to Mario.The Zelda games were supposed to be rpg not platform ,and they were the best N64 games ,so you can't say Mario sucked because it was inferior of them.And in any case Mario was released with the console itself,but it remained in the top 10 platform games of its time for years.All the other platform games of N64 (banjo-kazooie,donkey kong etc...) just copied it.
p.s.(If you want to really know what is an adventure game look here.The games you mention cannot even remotely be called adventure.)

In the real N64 you can't save anywhere

I think you mean:you can't save everywhere.
I know ,I've got a N64 myself,but that's not a disadvantage.The game would be too easy if you used save states.It was easy even without them.

belmont

You're kidding right?
Of course :p

Yeah that was kind annoying,but you could adjust the camera if you were really desperate.
Yes but not while jumping !!

Crash sucked compared to Mario64.I can't even think of comparing Crash to Mario.
I disagree !!!
I never did love the Mario games generally (except from Mario Land of course)

The Zelda games were supposed to be rpg not platform ,and they were the best N64 games ,so you can't say Mario sucked because it was inferior of them.

Yes but Zelda ended to be something between action rpg,3d adventure and platform...

All the other platform games of N64 (banjo-kazooie,donkey kong etc...) just copied it.
I didn't like these games as well !

If you want to really know what is an adventure game look here.
The link doesn't work! :blink:

The games you mention cannot even remotely be called adventure
Mario 64 was something between platform and 3d action adventure.
You don't just jump and run like older Mario games but you had to collect stars.

I think you mean:you can't save everywhere.
Yes,the stages didn't have checkpoints.
You could only save after you collect a star or a key.

Mourgos

Sorry ,this is the link:http://www.adventure-advocate.gr

If you you visit it you'll understand what is called adventure game .It's quite frustrating when people mix the genre with games like Mario and Tomb Raider.It's like calling Mario a first person shooter game because you use the cannon... :)

Jale

Yeah! It's a great game. I didn't expected that too. We can even play with Luigi, Wario and Yoshi. Seems to ve a VERY POWERFUL LITTLE MACHINE... :lol: