I have an idea that may allow us to play PS2 on 360

me2621a

Hi im new here and i happen to love emulatores but of course of love the real thing more. Now i know the xbox 360 uses emulatin to run xbox 1 games. If i remember right the xbox 1 was more powerful than the PS2. So what i was thinking is why cant somone just port a ps2 emulatore or build one from scratch in visual studios exspress and it would allow you to play ps2 games on your xbox. This in theory could also work with n64 and most likly gamecube just because the game cube uses a powerpc chip like the 360. Now i have no idea if this is possible but what i do know is that the hardware of the 360 is powerful enough to do it so does anyone have any ideas.

Jale

The thing is that the Xbox 1 "emulator" was designed by the same people who created the original Xbox; they know every single detail about the Xbox's operating and therefore it's a lot easier for them to make an emulator than a third party group.

The idea might work, but it'd require a lot of time anyway.

me2621a

yes that is true however using visual studios and xna you could in theory take a preexisting ps2 emultatore for the pc i hear that there is one that was crreated by the people who ceated psx that works well. tweak it slightly compile it under the 360 in visual studios and send it to the 360. Remeber were only taking a prexisting thing and giving it a hardware boost in theory

me2621a

no i think you are missing what i am saying. XNA now allows you to make a game or a program for the pc then with a simple click you can compile it under the xbox 360 then move it under the games and demos section of the dashboard

~!!WhoCares!!~

Rumor Starter...
The problem is that a PC and a Xbox 360 don't work the same way.

butters does have a point. they might have the same power but they work differently. and it would be very complicated to do that. itslike me saying "I'm going to built a xbox on my computer" wich is possible might be possible but very very complicated.:mad: :)