New to This

J

justifeyed1

I would like to learn how to play games on my pc so I bought a recoil gaming control pad downloaded project64 and went to free roms and downloaded a mario game to play but I can't control it with either my game pad or keyboard. Like I said I don't understand what to do and hope someone could give me some advice. Is there a forum I should go to other than this one to address this. :confused:

mhl12

did you install the drivers for the control pad?

and did you configure your emulator to work with the control pad?

J

justifeyed1

Well so far I did install the drivers for the gamepad it works on a game that I have installed but the game isn't from here. I guess I have to find out how to connect it to my emulator. If you can help please do. I am going to look around to see what I can do. Also, Thank You very much for your help.:confused:

J

justifeyed1

I downloaded project64 1.6 the other day, I don't remember configuring anything so not sure what to do next. Thanks again.:confused:

J

justifeyed1

Maybe I should uninstall project64 1.6 and then reinstall it. I appreciate your help and patience TY.:confused:

J

justifeyed1

Ok, I downloaded mario kart from n64 and when I try to play it I can't seem to get my player to run in the race. I can use the up and arrow keys on my keyboard to choose the person I want to be but the only thing I can do with my game controller is to use the enter button to start the game and or race and then my driver just sets there. Shouldn't I be able to use my joystick to race. Lost, hope someone can help, TY in advance.:eek:

J

justifeyed1

Sorry about the posting, the gamepad I am using is a game-elements, recoil GGE909. TYVM heading to the site you posted.

J

justifeyed1

Went to the site you posted and did just as you explained. Set the buttons on my gamepad and then went to play mario kart. I can go left and right or up and down to pick what race I want or which player to use but still cannot use my joystick to make the driver go forward. I really do appreciate your help and I guess I'm part of the way there--hope to figure out how to use joystick yet. TY Again.