Making ISOs?

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
I know that an ISO is an exact image of a CD, so does that mean that if I just went to the cd-rom drive, pressed ctrl+a ( to select all(just incase some of you didnt know that)) and pressed ctrl+C and then went do a different loacation and pressed ctrl+V to paste, I would then Have an ISO Image?

Jale

The answer is simple: No.

To make an ISO you must "clone" the CD into the hard drive, not ripping it.

ouch123

That Guy Nobody Knows...
I know that an ISO is an exact image of a CD, so does that mean that if I just went to the cd-rom drive, pressed ctrl+a ( to select all(just incase some of you didnt know that)) and pressed ctrl+C and then went do a different loacation and pressed ctrl+V to paste, I would then Have an ISO Image?
No...but if you want to make ISOs, try any of these:
Alcohol 120%
Magic ISO
Power ISO

Jale

Yes, they are. But most of them if not all are shareware (you have to pay for it).

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
I am not sure what you mean...Shareware if free. Or did you mean that they arent shareware?

Jale

It's more like a trial version, I mean, they give you 15 or 30 days to evaluate the software. If you want to continue using the software, you have to pay for it.

Unless you get it from some other way we won't mention because it's against the forum rules.

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
Ok, so I now have Magic ISO and DVD Decrypter. I cant figure either of them Out.
Naes, after I go to mode>ISO>READ, it doesnt really do anything. What am I supposed to do? How do I know if it worked? It can make ISOs of CD ROMS right? And not just DVDs?
Ok now it just says that there is no device detected. What do I do??

With Magic ISO, I dont even know what to do to get started. Step by Step instructions would be great. THanks for your help so far.

Last edited:

naes

Ok, so I now have Magic ISO and DVD Decrypter. I cant figure either of them Out.
Naes, after I go to mode>ISO>READ, it doesnt really do anything. What am I supposed to do? How do I know if it worked? It can make ISOs of CD ROMS right? And not just DVDs?
Ok now it just says that there is no device detected. What do I do??

With Magic ISO, I dont even know what to do to get started. Step by Step instructions would be great. THanks for your help so far.
Magic ISO has a limit on what the shareware version can do. To use Magic ISO, open it. Go to TOOLS>MAKE ISO FROM CD/DVD to create an ISO.

DVD Decrypter only works with DVDs, I believe. Sorry.

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
Ok, but then it just sys when I try to sve it it sys tht it is too big nd tht it cnt sve lrger thn 300MB is tht becuse of the non registerd version?(No firs letter of the ELPHEBET. )

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
I cant get ISO producer to work. I got it running, then It said that there was no disk in , so I tried to configure it, then after I finished confiuring it it said that there was a error then it closes and I havent been able to open it since. The reason I wanted to make ISOs is because the Emulators I have(ePSXe 1.6.0 and pSX 1.9) cant read the disks. I am assumin that this is because of the CDROM drivers. And sine ISO producer uses the same ones, I guess that there is nothing that I can do. Unless there are some other CD ROM drivers. I have a zip called CD Plugin Pack or somethin. Were can I get other CD ROM plugins?Could it have anything to do with the fact that I have a DVD drive and not just a CD drive? I guess that all I can do now is Try alcohol 120%...sigh