ePSXe help

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
Ok, I Had no problem Confguring it, but when I run the CD-ROM the sCreen goes blaCk like it is going to start, but is just stays blaCk. How Can I fix this? And why does this error keep Coming up about some .dll missin. It is Called M something. Could this Have anything to do with it?

And if you are wondering why all of my Cs and some of my Hs are Capitalized, it is beCause I am Currently on an old laptop, whiCH my sister spilled Cerial on it last week and it Has been pretty weird latley. So the C button only seems to work when I press sHift or another button so sine I Can type pretty fast, the CharaCter befor them Can sometimes act as that other button.

Oh yeah and if it matters, I am using windows XP. And I have gotten ePSXe to work with windows 2000, but I have never been able to with XP.

Last edited:

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
First off you need to tell us what plugins you are using.

Then what game are you trying to run??

Which version of ePSXe are you using?

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
Ohh , I guess I should have known to post these. Anyays...

I am using ePSXe 1.6.0 what is the latest version? or is 1.6.0 the latest?

The video pluigns I am using are....
Pete's D3D driver 1.76
Pete's DX6 D3d driver 1.76
There are some other ones but they dont work and when I had ePSXe working with windows 2000, these were the ones that i used. The others are...
Pete's OpenGL driver 1.76
Petes OpenGL2 driver 2.8
Lewpy's 3dfx/Glide3 GPU 1.40
And first I tried to run FF7,but none of the others work either.

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Use teh Petes OpenGL - Video plug-in
and Eternal SPU found here - Sound plug-in

Should work fine.

You could also try using pSX 1.9 found Here.
pSX 1.9 does not require configuration and plays just about every game ePSXe does.

You will however need to DL teh newest version of DirectX Found Here.

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
Ok , thanks butwhat is the Eternal SPU for? What do I do with it? And I have windows XP with DirectX 9. Is there a newer version?

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
hmmm, I downlaoded pSX 1.9 and when I try to start it it says error d3 DX9.dll not found or something like that. Why does it say this and how can I fix it?

montpics

You should download the latest version of DirectX which can be found from the offical page. Then install it. :cool:

>CLICK HERE!< (Microsoft)

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
Origionally Posted By DudeJustDoIt:
you could just google teh .DLL and put it in your DirectX folder...
I definately like that Idea better, since I habe dialup......sigh.....and it would take ages to install and dl.

Oh yeah, and Petes OpenGL that you told me to use dosnt work either. Or should I use the GL2 one?

montpics

I definately like that Idea better, since I habe dialup......sigh.....and it would take ages to install and dl.
Ask someone who have it. Sorry to hear though.

Oh yeah, and Petes OpenGL that you told me to use dosnt work either. Or should I use the GL2 one?
Pete's OpenGL = Pete's OpenGL2 = required DirectX

However Pete's OpenGL2 need a more powerful graphic card. :cool:

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
Ok, I downloaded the DLL and I can run the eumulator, but it cant read the CD-ROM. What do I do about this? I can get into the bios and everythin but it cant read the CD. Is there a different CD-ROM driver that I need? and if so were do I put it? Thanks for your help so far.

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
Im usin pSX one.nine. .When I run the CD-ROM, (SORRY THIS IS CPS FROMNOW ON, KEYBORD IS BEING STUPID.)THE FF7 DISC NOT ISO, IT SYS IT CNT REED IT. +HOW DO RUN THE ISO INSTED OF THE DISC? I CNT DL IT BECUSE OF DILUP.( I CNT TYPE THE FIRST LETTER OF THE ELPHUHBET.)

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
I got all caps of and the a button workin. But I have other computers but the internet is best on this. I will try do DL iso buster but my dialup is beinr REALLY crappy right now.