WWF No Mercy graphics ... TSB rosters dude arrives!!

RushyDaRabbit

Hello everyone my tag is RushyDaRabbit. I hack graphics in WWF No Mercy and also do some coding with the game through emulation.

I also set up rosters for Tecmo Superbowl I - III on both the SNES and GEN systems.

You can find posts and information from myself on various sites online. Most of the posts made are written in my famous 3rd person writing style. Of course that pisses off a lot of people but there are a few that understand that it is just the gimmick that goes along with the RushyDaRabbit character.

Anyway, I have signed up to this site for a few reasons.

1. To find out some of the latest information in the world of emulation. New tools and how to use them.

2. To get some advice on a problem that I have been dealing with.

That problem involves someone stealing some rosters edits that I made for Tecmo Superbowl I / III and posting them on his site without my permission. This is a very tricky situation because nothing can be done legally to someone that steals rom edits.

I have asked him to remove the edits that he had uploaded to his site as well as the ones that I put on his site years ago but he has refused to do so because he wants to stick it to me for something that happened between myself and some of his posters that threw harsh criticisms on my work.

Sure, I'm a guy that can wig out on people that give unwanted criticisms but that's no reason to steal my hard work.

I come to this emulation community because I'm sure there are plenty of people here that would agree that stealing emulation work is just as wrong as stealing anything else. I'm also here to ask for help in getting my work removed from his site.

The site location where my work is wrongfully posted is ... http://knobbe.org and the post link where they are made available is ... http://www.knobbe.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8209

The rosters edits are all mine and the graphics update was done by a guy that did a joint project with me a few years ago. He clearly owns the rights to the graphics but the rosters are mine. He also didn't help out with the new project. The updated 2k7 rosters were made on the rom we both worked on together in the past.

Anyway ... I really hope some people here can either give me some advice on how to handle this situation or help influence the guy to take down my work.

He says he's keeping them there to get back at me for wigging out but the truth of the matter is that he is keeping them there to keep people from visiting my site "Prime Time Gaming" http://primetimecity.com/ptg and downloading them there.

His site is mainly about NES Tecmo Superbowl and my edits are TSB I and up. I believe he just fears that he will lose the community past NES. That is his motivation for keeping my edits.

Ok, I think everyone gets the point.

Thanks for taking the time to read my long post and I hope to hear from someone soon.

Peace,

RushyDaRabbit

mhl12

hm.. well after reading that thread.. lets see whats wrong with this situation:

1. he did credit you.

2. after whinning endlessly about how you owned all of that, i'm not surprised they banned you. The mods here would have done the same.

3. if you had asked in the beginning nicely to credit your site, they probably would have done so.

4. welcome to the forums :)

RushyDaRabbit

hm.. well after reading that thread.. lets see whats wrong with this situation:

1. he did credit you.

2. after whinning endlessly about how you owned all of that, i'm not surprised they banned you. The mods here would have done the same.

3. if you had asked in the beginning nicely to credit your site, they probably would have done so.

4. welcome to the forums :)

I'm not concerned with him crediting me. I don't want credit added I want my edits off of his site. Certain posters called my edits "horrible" and he went along with agreeing with them. I only wigged out after that. I then asked him to take down my edits. Since he never had my permission to upload them anyway.

I didn't ask for credit to my site. It's not about that. I just don't want to be a part of that site or have my work there. They disrespected me and my work with their comments then went behind my back placing them on their site.

Again ... the edits are mine and no one elses! If they want to upload the graphics updated rom they can do so without my roster connected to it.

I think you don't fully understand this situation. It's really cut and dry.

I did the work on the edits and I don't want them on his site.

Why does this have to be complicated? He has no right to have my work on his site if I don't want it there.

Agree or disagree?

And

What would you do if someone placed your work on their site without your permission??

Last edited:

mhl12

alright well i just took another look at the site. The sub forum is dedicated to uploading those kind files. There's nothing really you can do about it.

There are tons of warez sites out there. Do the publishing companies want to shut them down? Yes. Can they? No.

RushyDaRabbit

alright well i just took another look at the site. The sub forum is dedicated to uploading those kind files. There's nothing really you can do about it.

There are tons of warez sites out there. Do the publishing companies want to shut them down? Yes. Can they? No.

I know that there's nothing legal I can do to get the edits removed from the site. I was just hoping that some people here and other places would feel my pain and help pressure the guy into taking down the edits. Or give me some suggestions on how I can get them removed some other way.

Anyone that reads this post and also goes there can clearly see that the edits are in fact mine.

If anyone has an idea that they don't want to post out in public here you can send me a private message.

Maybe just say ... "what you would do if it happened to you."

mhl12

i'm sorry but no one here is really going to pressure the people to take it down. There's nothing really we or you can do about it.

Think of it like this... you're playing an online RPG like diablo 2 and someone scams you in an item trade and takes your item. It's technically wrong and and item is yours but there's nothing you can do about it. You can go online to forums and tell everyone the scammers user name but no one is going to do anything.

mhl12

thread reported. (you just made it worse)

seriously, deal with your own problems and suck it up if you cant. If you came here to ask for help to hack/pressure their site or something, no we cant and/or won't do it.

The forum is gaming emulation issues, not reporting rips.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
RushyDaRabbit said:
Most of the posts made are written in my famous 3rd person writing style. Of course that pisses off a lot of people but there are a few that understand that it is just the gimmick that goes along with the RushyDaRabbit character.
lmfaotrainjd2.gif